3 days at new site yields Spanish, Big Seated, 1812 Regimental Script I Pewter & More

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
3 days at new site yields Spanish, Big Seated, 1812 Regimental Script I Pewter & More

Scored a new site earlier this week and have been hunting for 3 days straight til dark after I get off from work in the afternoon.
The finds were coming in good the first 2 days, and then yesterday things slowed down a little.
Taking a break this afternoon, due to the rains, and I need to spend a little time at home. Going back out tomorrow morning.
Saw the eagle on the back of that Ike and thought I had a Morgan for a moment.
P8040007.JPG
This big seated was a nice surprise. Screaming signal I thought for sure was a aluminum can. 1877 half Dollar..
P8040008.JPG P8040009.JPG
And an even bigger surprise was the Charles II Half Real, although I had a suspicion I was in the right area to possibly dig one. 1660-1700.
P8040011.JPG P8040012.JPG
My first ever Pewter flat button just happened to be a US Script I Regimental 1812 era. I'm really excited about this guy. 20mm. Sealed with Elmers.
P8040021.JPG P8040023.JPG
Yesterday was kind of slow but I did dig this very slick copper, that I suspect might be of early 18th century French descent. 20.2mm. Would love to get an ID.
P8040024.JPG P8040025.JPG
Nice flat button, cufflink, and Indians.
P8040026.JPG P8040027.JPG
This piece of pottery looks old. I'm guessing early 18th century. Any suggestions.?
P8040034.JPG
Very Large brass Square nail/Spike, and what might be a decorated part of a early musket trigger guard. Suggestions?
P8040049.JPG P8040050.JPG
Dug a bunch of melted lead, but these pieces were some of the most interesting lead pieces. Musketballs and cut and punched lead.
Dug a lot of rimfire rounds, but this one looks like those early shotgun shells with the piece sticking off the side.
P8040039.JPG
I haven't been on a site this productive in quite a while. Hopefully the good stuff keeps rolling in.
Also dug lots of wheat pennies and nickels, but they didn't make the cut.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Upvote 51

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs man nice assortment but you lost me Bone when you said taking day off due to rain. Man get out there and dig.:laughing7:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, it just dont get any better than that. That is a Super great permission.... congrats, and sift 'er clean...!! :thumbsup:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job securing that permission Bonepicker!
Congratulations on those awesome finds!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent digging. Sites like that are a blast the first couple of hunts but if you continue to put in the time you'll pop something sweet once in awhile:occasion14: Good luck

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Must of been somebody that had a few bucks to their name to loose the quality finds like that. Congrats on the recoveries from the site and the best of luck on the return hunts.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I like the variety of coins and other goodies you found! Great job.HH

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You keep it up and I'll nickname you the cob master. You got like 8 or more now right? :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great digs man nice assortment but you lost me Bone when you said taking day off due to rain. Man get out there and dig.:laughing7:
Thanks DS. I wanted to go, but it has been raining cats and dogs. And I had to make a little time for the old ball and chain.
Probably get back out there in the a.m. Hoping the rain/saturation might be just what I need.
Man, it just dont get any better than that. That is a Super great permission.... congrats, and sift 'er clean...!! :thumbsup:
Thanks RV. It was a much needed and super great permission.
Great job securing that permission Bonepicker!
Congratulations on those awesome finds!
Thanks Muerte. It has been a nice run for sure. Sites/Permissions like this don't come along that often for me.
Excellent digging. Sites like that are a blast the first couple of hunts but if you continue to put in the time you'll pop something sweet once in awhile:occasion14: Good luck
Thanks Toasted. Yesterday was nothing compared to the first two days. I'm definitely not giving up yet.
Must of been somebody that had a few bucks to their name to loose the quality finds like that. Congrats on the recoveries from the site and the best of luck on the return hunts.
Thanks pepper. I agree. Most old sites I get half dimes or half reals. This area had lots of activity throughout the years.
Nice finds! I like the variety of coins and other goodies you found! Great job.HH
Thanks Coil.
You keep it up and I'll nickname you the cob master. You got like 8 or more now right? :icon_thumleft:
Thanks GW. My digging buddy used to call me the Cob Snob. This makes #10, but I haven't dug one in a long time. I was thinkin about you and that big 8 yesterday, and how it sure would be nice to find one larger than a 1/2R.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to Go!!! That is a great permission, hope the finds get even better...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic relic and coin hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for a great post! Yours and a few other ones this week have kept me vicariously satisfied after not being able to get out for a couple of weeks. Those finds would make many people's year, congrats!

PS- I know the cob is for scale on those last pics, but I kind of like how it ends up photobombing and getting the glory (it deserves it)

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
wow, great bunch of finds!!

that button looks similar to one I found recently - it was a War of 1812 Infantry button I believe. A good place for you to start looking.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that's a Holy Cow for sure! congrats on the super finds, just can't imagine it

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness...now THAT'S the kind of digging we are all hoping for. Congrats on the top notch finds. Hopefully that spot will keep producing for you.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh! I can only dream of spots like that. Nice recoveries mate. Has to be more where those beauties came from. I gotta' take me a road trip east some day.:hello:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots to like there.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions