3 days at new site yields Spanish, Big Seated, 1812 Regimental Script I Pewter & More

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
3 days at new site yields Spanish, Big Seated, 1812 Regimental Script I Pewter & More

Scored a new site earlier this week and have been hunting for 3 days straight til dark after I get off from work in the afternoon.
The finds were coming in good the first 2 days, and then yesterday things slowed down a little.
Taking a break this afternoon, due to the rains, and I need to spend a little time at home. Going back out tomorrow morning.
Saw the eagle on the back of that Ike and thought I had a Morgan for a moment.
P8040007.JPG
This big seated was a nice surprise. Screaming signal I thought for sure was a aluminum can. 1877 half Dollar..
P8040008.JPG P8040009.JPG
And an even bigger surprise was the Charles II Half Real, although I had a suspicion I was in the right area to possibly dig one. 1660-1700.
P8040011.JPG P8040012.JPG
My first ever Pewter flat button just happened to be a US Script I Regimental 1812 era. I'm really excited about this guy. 20mm. Sealed with Elmers.
P8040021.JPG P8040023.JPG
Yesterday was kind of slow but I did dig this very slick copper, that I suspect might be of early 18th century French descent. 20.2mm. Would love to get an ID.
P8040024.JPG P8040025.JPG
Nice flat button, cufflink, and Indians.
P8040026.JPG P8040027.JPG
This piece of pottery looks old. I'm guessing early 18th century. Any suggestions.?
P8040034.JPG
Very Large brass Square nail/Spike, and what might be a decorated part of a early musket trigger guard. Suggestions?
P8040049.JPG P8040050.JPG
Dug a bunch of melted lead, but these pieces were some of the most interesting lead pieces. Musketballs and cut and punched lead.
Dug a lot of rimfire rounds, but this one looks like those early shotgun shells with the piece sticking off the side.
P8040039.JPG
I haven't been on a site this productive in quite a while. Hopefully the good stuff keeps rolling in.
Also dug lots of wheat pennies and nickels, but they didn't make the cut.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Upvote 51
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds! Congratulations!
Thanks Aureus
Way to Go!!! That is a great permission, hope the finds get even better...
Thanks WTH
Fantastic relic and coin hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:
Thanks Prof.
Thanks for a great post! Yours and a few other ones this week have kept me vicariously satisfied after not being able to get out for a couple of weeks. Those finds would make many people's year, congrats!

PS- I know the cob is for scale on those last pics, but I kind of like how it ends up photobombing and getting the glory (it deserves it)
Thanks Z.K. Big things come in small packages.
wow, great bunch of finds!!
that button looks similar to one I found recently - it was a War of 1812 Infantry button I believe. A good place for you to start looking.
Thanks Testing
that's a Holy Cow for sure! congrats on the super finds, just can't imagine it
Thanks Dirt
My goodness...now THAT'S the kind of digging we are all hoping for. Congrats on the top notch finds. Hopefully that spot will keep producing for you.
Thanks J.
Sheesh! I can only dream of spots like that. Nice recoveries mate. Has to be more where those beauties came from. I gotta' take me a road trip east some day.:hello:
Thanks Kurios
Lots to like there.:icon_thumright:
Thanks Cru
Great variety of finds few days well spent. Congrats on all the nice finds
Thanks Trapper
Checked just about every box with a hunt like that buddy, script I and a spanish cob in one hunt is just nuts. Congrats on an epic dig my friend
Thanks VMI. The seateds were dug on the first day, and the cob and pewter were dug on the second. This morning was a bust, and I'm not talking about a dime.

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Amazing finds and they span such a long period of time! Really good job on your part! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IKE must been dug...out of a drawer.

nice finds.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I love that spnish silver bonepicker. Congrats buddy thats one heck of a nice haul.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know I love that spnish silver bonepicker. Congrats buddy thats one heck of a nice haul.

Thanks Bud. Just got home from another stellar hunt. I have a dirty cob pic for ya comin soon... :-)

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many nice finds it's hard to pick a favorite.

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. what kind of site is it if you don't mind me asking and what is there today?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs there! Lots of old silver too. Congrats on another cob. A seated half is something I've never dug. I have dug a couple of those pewter infantry buttons, but both were in poor shape. Yours is very nice.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Fantastic finds! Many items there that we'd all LOVE to see in the hole. Grats and thanks for sharing.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Know BP.
I'm not gonna comment on the Awesome Relic & Coin Finds.

Think you SG looking round is a 'Pin-Fire' case , ill have to check yr post again but I think you said "I have dug many Rim-Fire" so i'm thinking Pin -Fire. That's what I thought when I saw the Picture.
again, AWESOME Digg's, & you got more?

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow. Amazing finds and they span such a long period of time! Really good job on your part! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So many nice finds it's hard to pick a favorite.
THanks Mz
Great finds. what kind of site is it if you don't mind me asking and what is there today?
Thanks Mud. I really don't like giving up info on forums.
1877 Seated half is a JACKPOT! Congrats on that beautiful big Seated silver!
Thanks Jersey.
Great digs there! Lots of old silver too. Congrats on another cob. A seated half is something I've never dug. I have dug a couple of those pewter infantry buttons, but both were in poor shape. Yours is very nice.
Thanks Steve. That seated half was a first for me. My buddy dug a nice 1850's not far from this area. The Pewter was also a first for me.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic finds! Many items there that we'd all LOVE to see in the hole. Grats and thanks for sharing.
Thanks xr
You Know BP.
I'm not gonna comment on the Awesome Relic & Coin Finds.

Think you SG looking round is a 'Pin-Fire' case , ill have to check yr post again but I think you said "I have dug many Rim-Fire" so i'm thinking Pin -Fire. That's what I thought when I saw the Picture.
again, AWESOME Digg's, & you got more?
Thanks Davers. Pinfire was the term I was looking for. This site has given up Colonial, 1812, and Post CW. Really hoping to dig something Confederate here too.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's quite an amazing assortment of silver from a single site. The other finds aren't too shabby either. Nice going!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are incredible finds! Great silver!! Congrats and HH

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digging to pull up a Seated Half and a cob. You're on a roll for finding cobs. That's great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread