3 days of digging, YAY, I finally managed over 20 cents !!!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Man, I knew I wouldn't get rich, but after 3 days of digging, I finally hit coins for a total of 21 cents :-\. I mean sure the '55 penny has great detail(under the crud, but I'm not complaining, OK, just a little), and the '76 & '83 nickels are key dates(the '83 says "cents"). At least those two centers are worth more than a penny, and I did get a few wheats and a couple Indian cents. But really, 3 days for 21 cents. Guess I'm not payin' bills with the MD this month.........

Ok, seriously, first was the LC, my third. then came the two centers about 100 feet apart(my first and second). next up was the shiel nickel, then the key-date "V".mixed in were 3 wheats and two Indians. All told I got 10 coins, 7, SEVEN, were pre-1900. I have to keep at this site, it is only there for a limited time. Happy hunting all !!!

Attachments

• 2008-5-29 02.jpg
    2008-5-29 02.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I have yet to dig a shield or V nickel. Congrats.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of those nickels have incredible detail left on them. Not one of those coins is easy to find. You had a great day. If I only had limited time to detect a site like that I would be there 24/7. ;D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Sometimes it's difficult to rationalize, and many times we've got to rely upon the entertainment and R & R value of detecting, but it's all good!

You've got some nice finds pictured...
I don't EVER find anything that nice!

HH
rmptr

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Ok, sweet finds. I have to find some of those, soon. Everyone is getting these great old finds, I know there some out there for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread