$3 for $1 ......found a deal

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Went to an indoor moving sale yesterday ,glad i stopped .Was rummaging thru a box and saw this at the bottom .I asked the guy what he wanted for it .he looked at it and was surprised i found it .He thought for a moment and syted three dollars please .Well I didnt feel the need to argue with the man so I handed him a 5 and said keep the change . Its a 1992 ounce silver .I dont know much about it so worth wise ive seen a few prices there is markings on the back under right side of eagle im assuming maybe artists name ?
We both were happy with the exchange ,

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,503
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,498
P

pippinwhitepaws

ok...lol, you found this, you paid that....???? for what?

OP
OP
bradgny

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Oh I forgot to continue the story ,As i was walking away I could tell the guy just didnt care .It was the end of the day and all his helpers disapeared so he was stuck just throwing things in boxes .Pretty sure he was just getting back at someone by selling at such a low price

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
It's a Silver Eagle, not just some silver round. It's an actual US Government Coin. You will never find one for 3 bucks again, let alone 5.

Outstanding deal.

DM

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Very good find, the guy that I buy all of my bullion coins at is getting $16.00 a coin as of last week even though the spot price of silver is below $10/oz. You got a great deal on the coin.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
just-geese said:
I could live with that deal LOL...Looks like complete auctions are showing between $12-$16 ungraded..Nice find
Don
just looked this up in the redbook 2009 it is showing it to be worth 47.00 as a proof an no other pricing so I am going to assume you have a proof.. don't sell it..it will only go up in value

S

seger98

I never get deals like that at yard sales, just plastic cups! :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions