Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an old swimming hole and the swim area was almost empty! I did manage a few coins, a hoop ear ring, and the broken ring from there. It was there a long time and very crusty, so it has been in electrolosis for a while now. I wandered out of the swim area into the old area and got one wheat, lots of junk, several clad coins, an old button, kept bringing up old glass in the scoop too. Got a nice mid tone and out popped a nice white gold class ring!
Not long after that I nabbed an old gold band with nice design and a name inscribed inside. (Nelly) The last gold one I got must be a baby ring, it is a size 3 and the stone is missing. It looks quite old by the design. I have dug many 1800's items from this area.

Attachments

• DSC03014.JPG
    DSC03014.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC03013.JPG
    DSC03013.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC03015.JPG
    DSC03015.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC03021.JPG
    DSC03021.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC03019.JPG
    DSC03019.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 172

dutchroots

Aug 25, 2007
Wow! Nice rings!

Sorry I missed the meeting Tuesday, Mike. I had the opportunity to hunt with muleskinner for the first time, and couldn't pass that up.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent water hunt Mike :thumbsup: looks like I'm going to have to get my water detector out, how's the water? I'm sure lake Michigan is still very cold though, I've got permission to hunt 180 foot beach in South Haven area so hopefully when my brother and I go there were gonna find some goodies. The cottage is a 1920's and we have permission to hunt his entire property but I'll bring both land and water detectors myself.

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
Excellent water hunt Mike :thumbsup: looks like I'm going to have to get my water detector out, how's the water? I'm sure lake Michigan is still very cold though, I've got permission to hunt 180 foot beach in South Haven area so hopefully when my brother and I go there were gonna find some goodies. The cottage is a 1920's and we have permission to hunt his entire property but I'll bring both land and water detectors myself.

Water is good. A couple more degrees would be better but next week we will be in the 80's and it will go right up. Lake MI is still in the 50's! BRRRR!!! That beach site sounds promising! :)

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet looking rings, Mike! :thumbsup:

And thanks for cleaning out all that broken glass. :hello2:

HH

Top Member Reactions