3 in 1 pan from North of the border

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. guys just decided to pull the trigger on a 3 in 1 pan and going to get it powered coated here,I am curious and just dig collecting pans, so hopefully it will arrive intact and I can contribute to this awesome forum with some testing and keep the panning threads growing. I know , a little on the spendy side, but to be honest I am a gear junky and will try anything expect alien panning abduction.I dont know if I am an optimist or a show me pessimist that wants to reinforce that the Garret Super Sluice is as good as it gets in my own mind,but have to try and let you guys get in some good ribbing,only justification :tongue3: I am willing to admit it looks neat and our Canadian brothers are in a severe economic downturn and I must do my part to help,Think I have a pan problem:tongue3::tongue3: ,Yes you can call me the CrazyPan Guy if you want it wont hurt,but you dont know till ya try

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
How about some pics of this pan?

OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s568668515660820853_p5_i7_w640.jpeg s568668515660820853_p1_i4_w640.jpeg here is some,just goggle 3 in 1 pan for the site and videos, the cone cover the pans internal cone so doubt it will lose small gold and you can wash larger rocks above the small stuff,should be here next week,then I will bead blast it and get it powered coated,I got the steel version,if I like it will maybe get the aluminum version for the weight savings and back packing where oz's are evrything

OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus just thought of another option a person could do with this pan ,you could flip the top cone over and uses it as a betea on the super concentrates,you know the gold will be deep in the cone unless you get real wild with it.when you get it clean ,snuff it up

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting pan......

Just shows ya can catch gold in almost anything..............

Still wouldn't buy it though...........

I'll just stick with my pan.......

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So i watched a video on this pan, seems pretty effective. My only question is what does "flushing the pan" actually do? Is that removing the lighter material from the bottom section through the center hole?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i watched a video on this pan, seems pretty effective. My only question is what does "flushing the pan" actually do? Is that removing the lighter material from the bottom section through the center hole?
It sure gets someone an extra fifty bucks.
according to the website it replaces a sluice box. Or bbq or 57 Chevy hubcap.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a spaghetti strainer for a pan, and you get neutral comments. But a product from Goldhog! ...and it's negative comments...hmmm.. sounds biased to me. ;)

OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ,goldnowasher and mytimetodecline. what the heck is your issue with bringing new ideas that you did not come up with,I can really understand why some of the older guys dont come around any more with LBFS that have nothing productive to add

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an issue with new ideas as long as they are an improvement.. That pan does not take the place of a sluice like the sellers claims and it is not an improvement on a standard pan and classifier and for the cost no way!! what is LBFS? is that a pokemon?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy needs someone who talks to the point, I watched a few seconds of the video and it needs to be cut to a minute tops... I made it a few seconds and shut it off after he said his $8.00 plastic pan in his hand was $30.00 and with a classifier was $60.00... False advertising turned me off along with his video. LBFS? Lets Buy False Stories? No thanks, I'll keep my sluice.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang I was hoping it was a rare pokemon

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it Reed you just made me watch one of the worst gear videos ever.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I care what Reed says, NOPE,I will try it and see ,is he the end all say all, not in my world that is the world of prospecting, I am an optimist hat hasten been screwed enough to be a pessimist

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A pessimist is an optimist with experience .

Pessimists are right more often but optimists are happier and more successful in life. I'd rather be wrong sometimes and happy. Your choice!

PS I think you have to be an optimist to be a prospector!!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospectors are optimists. You're always 1 inch away from a million dollars

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I can see here it's just another tool for mining the miners. Replace a sluice? I think not! You can run a LOT more materials to concentrate them a lot faster with any valid style of sluice. Of course for me it's about production and having the right gear for the area you're working. That being said, I could see it being used for sampling in remote areas but not as a production pan.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I watched a woman in the EFSG shoveling into 2 sluices side by side. Right from a sand/gravel bar into her sluices . She went as fast as a guy could operate a 3" dredge. She knew what she was doing. Pan replace a sluice? Don't think so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread