Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, got out for a Hunt after work today for a few hours. Dug up a good amount of clad, some trash and four decent pieces of silver. I never get tired of finding Mercury dimes.

One thing I will mention is I was using my Minelab E-Trac tonight. The reason I mention this is because I have been using the XP Deus about 90% of the time now. I noticed when I went on club hunts it always seems like the Minelab people found more older, deeper coins than me. Don't get me wrong I find a lot of great things with the XP Deus but this past Saturday I went on a hunt in an old trashy park with two friends that use Minelabs and they found some cool coins; V-nickels, Shield Nickels, Indians, etc.... I ended up just with clad. It seems like the Minelabs can read the deeper targets with the trash around. I think I have a pretty good understanding of XP settings and it is a fast machine around trash, I just don't think it can pick out the very deep targets around trash like a Minelab. Anyway I'm probably just going to start a big debate here which is not my intention, it's just an observation and maybe this Forum is not the proper place for my comments, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431400743.334517.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431400761.307102.jpg nevertheless enjoy the photos, happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 8

Pennypacker

Banned
May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winner winner-chicken dinner!

I will agree that the Etrac is a probably little deeper and a little better at ID then your Deus. (Single frequency)

My Excalibur (BBS) is about 25% deeper then my Xterra (Single frequency) and a more stable on the audio ID, so I surmise that the Etrac (FBS) would be similar or better by comparison.

Some time over the summer I am going to pick up an Etrac.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winner winner-chicken dinner!

I will agree that the Etrac is a probably little deeper and a little better at ID then your Deus. (Single frequency)

My Excalibur (BBS) is about 25% deeper then my Xterra (Single frequency) and a more stable on the audio ID, so I surmise that the Etrac (FBS) would be similar or better by comparison.

Some time over the summer I am going to pick up an Etrac.

Thanks for your comments, It will be easy to get a used ETrac because a lot of people are selling their's when they upgrade to the CTX3030. HH

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!, as a new etrac owner I appreciate this post, I am yet to be disappointed when I get out with my etrac, ive pulled some neat stuff in a few challenging places!
I ALWAYS seem to get some keeper coins with a nail right next to them, or a junky piece of iron, etc. You just gotta go super slow and listen. as far as the super deep targets,
last week I got a barber dime at about 8" on edge, and there was a nail below it in the hole, faint choppy signal, just sounded great! Also I got an civil war eagle "I" button at over 10"!!! Im not used to digging that deep lol!, its a very surprising machine, and the more hours I get in on it, the more it surprises me!

great finds again, congrats!!!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a good day yesterday. It's funny, I didn't see your post until after I just posted and mentioned the same thing. You found a lot more coins than I did on Saturday, but it seemed I found the older deeper ones. BTW, one of the wheaties I found turned out to be a worn 1865 Indian. You can see the post at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/462361-ct-copper-2-cent-pieces-shield-nickels-indians-etc-bucket-list-finds.html Glad you recovered from Saturday with a good day yesterday. The Deus does great in air tests, but I think the CTX is the winner in the field.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Congrats.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your story and those pictures with us

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds Man...those Etracs and CTX are very deep finding machines...Both my hunting buddies run them and find things my ATP wont even touch! 12"-14" deep

Good luck with the Etrac!..that is the next machine in my toolbox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread