Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
MartynNC said:
I saw some where, that a person said their should be around 3 meteorties per 20 acres of landmass. Would this be world wide or it certain places.
I live up here in Ohio and hope i can find some up here i don't even know how to go about it.I think i will get the biggest coil i can get for my detector and go out to some plowed fields or to just some fields and run in all metal and see what happens...........I would guess there should be some up here in Ohio ?............==Jim==............And yes take a big shovel with me..................And a strong magnet.................

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Maybe we can find one some day, hopfully more than one. I have not found any Indian arrow heads yet. So I'm going to have to get..... busy busy busy.

Happy Hunting to everyone, And I wish you all A merry Holiday, and a New Year. ::)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
MartynNC said:
Maybe we can find one some day, hopfully more than one. I have not found any Indian arrow heads yet. So I'm going to have to get..... busy busy busy.

Happy Hunting to everyone, And I wish you all A merry Holiday, and a New Year. ::)
..Same Back to you...MartynNC.................................................==Jim==

SilverSleuth

Oct 5, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is estimated that 1 meteorite the size of your fist falls on every square kilometer of earth every 10,000 years. Most meteorites in a wet environment won't last long but they can last tens of thousands of years in the desert.

justine093

May 3, 2006
berks, PA
then you get things like the Gibeon Fall in the Great Nama Land of Nambia.
Supposedly the fall was strewn over an area approximately 250 miles long by 40 miles wide. An estimated 25 TONS of Gibeon have been recovered. I would believe there are little rock all over the place, but you do get large concentrations in certain areas.

These are a set of wedding bands with Gibeon Meteorite etched and set in 14K gold.

metwb.jpg

SilverSleuth

Oct 5, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you can assume - especially in the desert - that, wherever you are, you are always standing in a strewnfield and they overlap. Here is a plot from the Dar al Gani plateau in Libya.

Attachments

• graph-2.jpg
    graph-2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 848

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread