3 piles of rocks.

firehawk109

Greenie
Jun 4, 2006
ohio
I go camping in Tionesta pa. On my property there used to be 3 big rock piles. I'd have to say roughly 8ft in diameter and about 5ft high. Keep in mind these are/were up in the mountains in no way could it of been farmland since my family is the first owner of the property since the old man who owned basically all the property on the mountain sold it to us. My parents cleared the trees and we set up a camper down there. Now back to the punch line. Basically there used to be these 3 big rock piles with pretty decent size rocks on them. Well when I was younger my parents told me there was probably good stuff buried in it. So of course I dug into them, 1 hole I went about 6 ft down and found nothing. It wasn't until recently I realized that they formed a triangle shape. Also on my property there is a very big leaning tree. I've read leaning trees could be a pointer to something good. Now my question is do any of you think that something might be around there and if so where do I look? I have a gut feeling something is there, I always have just very unsure where to look or what to look for. I'm going back in 2 weeks so any help would be greatly appreciated.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
firehawk,
welcome to tnet and thanks for posting your pics...oops you forgot that part lol
yea take some good pics, between 11am-2pm to start with...get the sun to your back
take long shots of the rocks so the entire pile is in the frame, then look for hoyos[holes]
you can see daylight thru..a close up or two of any hoyos...look for shadows...take close
ups of any shadows...
with the tree look for any carvings if none then get a couple of good angles that show the
bent or curved or leaning aspects..good luck
rangler

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Also take a walk in the direction the tree is leaning, maybe another tree or rock signs
will be found. Finding treasure is great, but don't forget the thrill of the hunt. It is
just beginning for you.
Rich

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might consider making a plat map of your area showing the measured locations of the rock piles and the leaning tree. Plat out anything else you might find that is relative onto the map. If it's nothing, no harm done. If the IS something going on, you'll have a good reference drawing to record your finds and to compare on a topo map or Google Earth or bing maps.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Measuring and compass readings are important. I found the same thing on a site and it was just piling up rocks so a wagon could travel, kinda like the WPA in the 30/40s

ALLTER

Greenie
May 24, 2016
GENERAL SANTOS CITY PH.
Detector(s) used
pin pointer pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0987.JPG DSCF0980.JPG DSCF0961.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread