3 Rings 2 days 1 park !Thanks Xterra 70

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a day!I went to an elementary school one town over from me yesterday and found the ring on the right.It is just a cheapo but I went back today and found 2 rings. The little one on the left is silver (.925)and has some precious gems channeled in it; a peridot,amethyst,blue topaz and citrine according to the new owner(wife). The big one in the middle has ,I believe from what I can see a 750 stamped on the inside. It came in at an 8 on the Xterra 70. That has me puzzled though since .750 would mean 18Kt gold but as you can see it looks like silver.I know nothing about jewelry, I leave that to the wife.I guess I better learn about jewelry since the first 2 outings this season have resulted in ring recoveries.The Xterra70 makes MD'ing as easy as taking candy from a baby. I also ended up with about $4 in clad with the oldest quarter only being a 1966.

Attachments

• 3rings.jpg
    3rings.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 3

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great rings.you recon that big one could be white gold?

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds....I also was thinking perhaps white gold..hard to tell by the picture.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring marked 750 is likely white gold. The 8 on the Xterra would be about right for gold - same range as foil. Congrats. And I agree about the Xterra, its an awesome machine.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds !

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best finds was an 14k White Gold ring weighing in at 11 grams. When I first pulled it from the ground, I though for sure it was Silver. Until I saw the 14k inside.

Good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread