3 Silvers, IHC, Toasted Colonial Copper, and a Bushel of Wheats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today and stopped by the local State Park and got this years permission slip for detecting. :thumbsup: I then went out cold knocking. One no-one's home, :BangHead: One no-one wanted to answer the door :BangHead:, so I headed back to an older permission. I did pull another shell token and 3 wheats.

I then decided to drive around to see if I could find someone outside and get another permission. It took 45 minutes of driving around town, but I found a sweet lady who gave me permission to detect her century home. My third target was a 42-S Merc, :hello2: it was the only silver dug today, but I did pull 16 more wheats (one is a rusty steel penny from a 3 coin wheat spill). It is my second corroded steel penny I dug this year. I only gridded about 25% of the property so far.

Over the weekend I was on Staten Island NY and hunted with Eastcoasthunter21 and Scrappy on Saturday. I only dug some clad and a 1960 Rosie during the that hunt. Charlie (Eastcoasthunter21) put me up for the night so I could hunt with him on Sunday. We started out at a ravine in a wooded area Sunday morning. Charlie's 1st target was an 18k jeweled pin. :headbang: My first target was a copper lincoln. :dontknow: I dug a 1964 Rosie and a 5 cent wheat spill. He then took me to a cellar hole in a wooded area. I dug a 1908 IHC, my 1st toasted colonial copper, :occasion14: my 4th crotal bell, and a few other finds.

Today's Keepers

20160613_184612.jpg

All of Today's Finds (less trash)

20160613_184356.jpg

Staten Island Notables

20160613_105956.jpg

All my Staten Island Finds (less trash)

20160613_105816.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALWAYS exciting to hunt completely diff sites than you are use to and even better with new buddies!!!! To learn the sites and the techniques that others use is PRICELESS!!!!! CONGRATZ on the 1st colonial coppa..... Bet it was a BLAST!!!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good trip. Finds are a bounce when you get to hunt with new friends. Thanks for sharing LD.

HH RN

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good company and some good finds, Sweet!!
Congrats and way to go your first big copper.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, but better friends.... Sweet!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your first copper. I bet you had a great time hunting with them.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and good hunts! Congrats on the Copper ! Too bad it's so toasted, I wish they came out of the ground in better condition. Keep diggin! Congrats and HH

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good hunts and nice digs. Also with friends. Very nice

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ALWAYS exciting to hunt completely diff sites than you are use to and even better with new buddies!!!! To learn the sites and the techniques that others use is PRICELESS!!!!! CONGRATZ on the 1st colonial coppa..... Bet it was a BLAST!!!!

Thanks fishstick. It's always a blast with those 2 (B@ss-T@rds of the Br@mble). They live to huntt researched sites and get the Old stuff. :notworthy:

Tnet is a great place to network and if your willing to travel, you can meet some 1st class people.

Sounds like you had a good trip. Finds are a bounce when you get to hunt with new friends. Thanks for sharing LD.

HH RN

Thanks relic nut. We originally planned a trip to Delaware, to pick up the granddaughter (she wil be with us until Mid July). The wife was very tolerant of me leaving her at her cousins house so I could hunt in Staten Island, NY with Charile and Scrappy. Good people, fun times, the finds are a BONUS...

Nice digs, but better friends.... Sweet!

Thanks Dave. They are great MD friends. :thumbsup: I am off the NC in a couple weeks to hunt with 3 or more members.

Looks like you had some nice hunts, congrats on a nice bunch of finds LD

Thanks trapperart. They were all wooded overgrown sites on an area populated in the 1600's. Different than what I'm used to here in Ohio, I hunt permissions primarily. I have hunted some in the fields and a few local wooded lands, nothing with colonial potential though.

congrats on your first copper. I bet you had a great time hunting with them.

Thanks calabash. Had a GREAT Time. Charlie is a great host.

Last edited:

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Loco! Glad you met up with the boys!! Hope to see you again on the east coast!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent hunt Loco and big congrats on your colonial copper :icon_thumright: Sounds like two really great guys to go hunting with. The bell is my favorite... only ever found one and the prop owner wanted it. Dying to get my coil over another one of those things.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Loco, it was great hunting with you again man. Conditions were brutal with the heat and bush, but you managed to score some keepers.

I took a look at that copper you found and believe I see a staff and wheel. Probably Lady Brittania on a chariot. Do you see it?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465911425.662100.jpg

I'm glad we got a hunt in with you bud. It's always a pleasure brother

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done LD. Glad to see that you made out of NY in one piece!

Congrats on the nice finds.

I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Best of luck until then!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz Loco! What a great weekend of hunts!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you've really been busy! Thanks for sharing your finds!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a lot of hunting, some silver and old coppers! Congratualtions. :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and good hunts! Congrats on the Copper ! Too bad it's so toasted, I wish they came out of the ground in better condition. Keep diggin! Congrats and HH

Thanks Dude. Toasted or not, I'll gladly take it. I believe the area we were hunting had livestock and the animal urine leached down and had a field day on both the Copper and Indian Head I dug.

Good hunts and nice digs. Also with friends. Very nice

Thanks Scuba, Those guys pulled better stuff, they have the knack. I dug plenty of iron, hot rocks and other trash, because you just never know.

Great finds Loco! Glad you met up with the boys!! Hope to see you again on the east coast!

Thanks Bart, it was fun, I only had to compete with two instead of all three of the B.O.Bs. Looking forward to swinging the coil with you again in the future.

Excellent hunt Loco and big congrats on your colonial copper :icon_thumright: Sounds like two really great guys to go hunting with. The bell is my favorite... only ever found one and the prop owner wanted it. Dying to get my coil over another one of those things.

Thanks OA, They are the best!!! I finally dug my 1st this season and now that I broke the ice, I have dug 4. Tye other 3 are in great condition and are No. 3's. Isn't it amazing what we think is treasure. Heck I was elated over a Merry Widow condom container and my 1st harmonica reed.

Nice finds! [emoji106]

Thanks K1ddo, I dug way more trash to treasure ratio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread