3 Silvers, IHC, Toasted Colonial Copper, and a Bushel of Wheats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today and stopped by the local State Park and got this years permission slip for detecting. :thumbsup: I then went out cold knocking. One no-one's home, :BangHead: One no-one wanted to answer the door :BangHead:, so I headed back to an older permission. I did pull another shell token and 3 wheats.

I then decided to drive around to see if I could find someone outside and get another permission. It took 45 minutes of driving around town, but I found a sweet lady who gave me permission to detect her century home. My third target was a 42-S Merc, :hello2: it was the only silver dug today, but I did pull 16 more wheats (one is a rusty steel penny from a 3 coin wheat spill). It is my second corroded steel penny I dug this year. I only gridded about 25% of the property so far.

Over the weekend I was on Staten Island NY and hunted with Eastcoasthunter21 and Scrappy on Saturday. I only dug some clad and a 1960 Rosie during the that hunt. Charlie (Eastcoasthunter21) put me up for the night so I could hunt with him on Sunday. We started out at a ravine in a wooded area Sunday morning. Charlie's 1st target was an 18k jeweled pin. :headbang: My first target was a copper lincoln. :dontknow: I dug a 1964 Rosie and a 5 cent wheat spill. He then took me to a cellar hole in a wooded area. I dug a 1908 IHC, my 1st toasted colonial copper, :occasion14: my 4th crotal bell, and a few other finds.

Today's Keepers

20160613_184612.jpg

All of Today's Finds (less trash)

20160613_184356.jpg

Staten Island Notables

20160613_105956.jpg

All my Staten Island Finds (less trash)

20160613_105816.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco, it was great hunting with you again man. Conditions were brutal with the heat and bush, but you managed to score some keepers.

I took a look at that copper you found and believe I see a staff and wheel. Probably Lady Brittania on a chariot. Do you see it?

View attachment 1325330

I'm glad we got a hunt in with you bud. It's always a pleasure brother

Thanks Steve. I believe you may have ID'd it. :notworthy: I texted you a couple of pics I took tonight with the electric microscope. I was hoping you didn't ID it like you did on Charlie's last week. :laughing7: I know you had Ed going for a while (on Saturday), glad he finally got it. :tongue3:

Well done LD. Glad to see that you made out of NY in one piece!

Congrats on the nice finds.

I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Best of luck until then!

Thanks Tom, The days can't go by quick enough. Looking forward to swinging the coil with you & the Silver Mafia. :headbang: Will I need to bring a pick ax or are there going to be places that a lesche and shovel will work? I hear the soil can be baked rock hard down south in the summer.

Congratz Loco! What a great weekend of hunts!

Thanks CC, It was an experience I will not forget.

Wow, you've really been busy! Thanks for sharing your finds!

Thanks Tommy, I wish I could have dug more, at least enough to match the driving time, from OH to DE and then to NY and then the reverse.

That was a lot of hunting, some silver and old coppers! Congratualtions. :occasion14:

Thanks Professor, I'm happy with the keepers, It wouldn't be very nice of me to out dig the other's on their own turf. :tongue3: I know Charlie was so elated that he got me to a site that produced an old copper for me. That copper is packed full of great memories. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Casper

It doesn't matter where you swing that Fisher.........you manage to find the good ones.........congrats
Good to see you meet up with a couple fellow TNet "sweepers"!
Ya must have done a good job on those brakes for the wife to be.........receptive to your side trip............:icon_thumleft:

Thanks Chizzy. I am 57 and had never taken any vacations in order to do what I like. This year I took my brother-in-law to "Diggin in PA" and we had a blast. I would have paid the money just to meet many of the members that I only know online. This has been a fun year. Just hunted in NY and soon to be in NC swinging the coil with Carolina Tom. She is very understanding of my 2 year old passion. I recon she know's there are far more worse things I could be doing. Taking care of her brakes is the least I can do for her. I do not get the Ca rte Blanche like I did in my inaugural season. I used to hunt 16 to 20 on the weekends and 2 hours a night in the summer, now I am relegated to hunting most weekends and a few nights a month. It's enough swing time to feed the dragon though.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Huntin' Loco! Man if you are averaging one silver per hunt that is awesome. Sub 8-)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you like me to ID yours like Charlie's?! Yours is much better than Charlie's

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Congrats!
Great get together!

jerr-man

Jun 28, 2014