php97DxwtPM.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 332
  • phpXzuYZlPM.jpg
    phpXzuYZlPM.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0

RichPA

Sep 21, 2009
Nice points and thanks for sharing finds from SWPA. Not sure on the black material but Upper Mercer, Kanawha, and Ten Mile are black materials found in the area from site reports.

The gray material is probably Monongahela chert. It is described as being blue, from dark blue to light blue/gray and in some instances passing into chalcedony. It patinates to lighter shades.

Is the rootbeer colored chalcedony flint ridge?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine little points. True arrowheads ? Very nice sir. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
RichPA said:
Nice points and thanks for sharing finds from SWPA. Not sure on the black material but Upper Mercer, Kanawha, and Ten Mile are black materials found in the area from site reports.

The gray material is probably Monongahela chert. It is described as being blue, from dark blue to light blue/gray and in some instances passing into chalcedony. It patinates to lighter shades.

Is the rootbeer colored chalcedony flint ridge?

Thanks Rich, appreciate the info on Mon chert, I've got a bunch of it and never knew exactly what it was. I'd have to agree with Flint Ridge chalcedony on the other one. The black stuff is high grade something, it's pretty close to obsidian in quality, maybe dark chalcedony.?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Fine little points. True arrowheads ? Very nice sir. :thumbsup:

Thank you, archaic and woodland(white and black point) The woodland possibly the other two are most likely resharpened knives but possibly atl atl dart points, just my best guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread