Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this was a bad omen or what. (I didn't have any good finds today) It was a junk jewelry day, although the snake earrings are kinda cool. Also weird i found 2 different snake earrings. Also found the innards of a pocket watch ,brass buckle, junk ring, jeans token and a junk gold colored pendant. Oh well, it was a nice day to be out! HH!

Attachments

• image-777650617.jpg
    image-777650617.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2337389432.jpg
    image-2337389432.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2141401476.jpg
    image-2141401476.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image-72715244.jpg
    image-72715244.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 2

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting finds, better then uncovering the real snakes, right!

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ClovisOak said:
Very interesting finds, better then uncovering the real snakes, right!

Indeed! I think the real ones are away for now!

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Watch out for they bite! Still cool though.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe you should change you name to snake charmer ? cool finds

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum,

I Hate Snakes! But Snake jewelry is some of my favorite, especially the old stuff.
l don't see it as an omen maybe even a sign of good things ahead!
What about the other photos, are they junk also?

Did you find these at your great-grandmothers house where you found the buckle?

l've read the posts about hunting in parks and other public property in Charlotte
and was wondering if you have any tips on places I may go. My daughter goes to
Queens University of Charlotte and l'm in town periodically with an hour or two to
spare.

If you want you can send me a PM. Thanks.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this stuff at a couple of local schools. G gmas is about 3 hours from here so don't get up there too often. Ill send a PM with suggestions. Although, parks and schools is always a shot in the dark and not much hope of anything old but good for jewelry... I went out for a couple hours today and found a bracelet that matches the earrings I found yesterday (different school) too bad no silver or gold but ill take it! HH!

Attachments

• image-778766090.jpg
    image-778766090.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum,

Nice bracelet! Sure it's not silver? It looks like tarnished silver in the picture.

I've thought about hitting a school or two but still not sure if it's OK to do so.
I read somewhere that MD'ing was off limits, outside of private property, within
Charlotte City limits but I haven't confirmed that.
l also read that it's OK to MD in Charlotte's Parks but it's against the law to dig.

l guess l'll have to look further into it.

Best of Luck Digging!

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnum,

Nice bracelet! Sure it's not silver? It looks like tarnished silver in the picture.

I've thought about hitting a school or two but still not sure if it's OK to do so.
I read somewhere that MD'ing was off limits, outside of private property, within
Charlotte City limits but I haven't confirmed that.
l also read that it's OK to MD in Charlotte's Parks but it's against the law to dig.

l guess l'll have to look further into it.

Best of Luck Digging!
Hi StormSurge,
The bracelet is def not silver...
Schools - are fine to hunt, I've NEVER had anyone say anything to me or anyone else I detect with. Although DO NOT go during school hours or you will get kicked out. I hit schools on weekends only when no kids are around. It's public property that we pay taxes on and as long as you don't leave a mess there should be no problem at all, but all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for everyone. I also try to avoid football fields that are highly manicured. I usually hunt Middle Schools.
Parks- I've never had much luck with parks here although some people do... I have personally talked to a few park watch guys & they have no problem with it as long as you fill in the holes and DO NOT bring a big shovel, carry something small. A buddy of mine has got kicked out a couple of times (more upscale neighborhood parks) but I have never had an issue... I avoid highly manicured parks like Thompson Park downtown. I also try to detect when nobody else is around (or hit a fiels that no one is on). I WOULD NOT go to the Parks & Rec dept. to ask any kind of permission, they could create a law against it just because you asked... just use your best judgement on the particular situation & you'll be fine. Metal detecting is pretty common now & most people don't give any thought to it. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions