OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Prober said:
Nice silver, but that ring is the top banana! Sweet! My M6 shows pulltabs as 22 most of the time too.

Yes what I watch for is the bounce from 16 to 22 then 26 and settling on 22. Always seems to be a pulltab. My nickels with my old coil settled on 18....with new coil seem to settle more on 19...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Mackaydon said:
DFX:
Sarcastic? Hardly. I was thinking maybe you discriminated out all the pull tabs and either one 'got through' or you simply added the pull tab to the pic. Nice haul.
Don....

Sorry for the misunderstanding...actually even though it is hard to tell there are around 20 pieces of trash in the picture...if I am near a garbage can I also toss some of the trash as I dig. Because I do dig nickels, I still do get fooled quite a bit with pulltabs usually they show the same as a nickel if bent in half or broken.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Nice pile of goodies you have!! Congrats on the silver and gold and another ho-hum 100+ coin day!! Just kidding about 100 coins, lots of bending over!!

To many penny bends...they were littered around the basketball court...mainly on surface.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
mastereagle22 said:
OK so your secret is finally out, you have been using an Explorer all along haven't you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D

Just kidding and you know that, I wish I could find 1/10th the stuff with my EX that you find with your DFX, of course I only get to hunt about 5 hours a week, and I don't know my machine the way you know yours!

Great finds, keep on posting. HH

I get out around 12 hours a week right now. My vacation starts >18 days< this week....hopefully I will put a major dent in my goal this year...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone..took today off...stiff shoulders... :D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's a great haul. Sweet ring. Pull tabs do the same on mine, but I've had some nickels really fool me with a reading not even in their range. Way to go on the gold and silver. I'm cashing in all my clad tomorrow (but my count continues) and getting a new detector still under warrenty for a pice I couldn't resist. Keep em coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions