3 Years of Statistics

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been logging my finds for 3 years. Here are the results, nothing earth-shattering, just straight ahead grinding. These are only boxes which I ordered. I track production from CWR and teller trays seperately.:

2012: 282 boxes / 21 90% / 201 40% / 37.3 toz / .13 toz per box
2013: 249 boxes / 93 90% / 273 40% / 74 toz / .30 toz per box
2014: 186 boxes / 42 90% / 203 40% / 45.2 toz / .24 toz per box

Interesting stat to me is that production per box was higher in both 2013 and 2014.

I buy 6 boxes per week, not sure which courier. 2012 was the cube shaped 2 x 25 boxes. 2013 and most of 2014 was the flat one-layer boxes. My bank has recently started getting the 2 x 25 boxes again and so far I have seen a significant drop off in the amount of silver that I have found in that type of box.

I traveled for a couple of months in 2014 so that explains the drop off in numbers of boxes. I drive past my pickup bank and my dropoff bank 5 days per week so the hobby costs me nothing. However if I spent my CRH time working instead of unrolling I could spend the additional earnings buying silver and would be ahead of where I am now. But I have fun unrolling and searching so I don't concern myself with that.

I would be interested in seeing how my stats compare to other CRH.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quit keeping statistics. I couldn't logically look at my finds, while looking at my expenses, and continue with the hobby.

Superbad7

Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I track production from CWR and teller trays seperately.

Good information! Would you care to share the production from CWR and teller trays?

I can't say much about boxes beings that i've only done one ever. I tend to have the best luck with CWR/loose coins.

Thanks

OP
OP
P

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good information! Would you care to share the production from CWR and teller trays?

I can't say much about boxes beings that i've only done one ever. I tend to have the best luck with CWR/loose coins.

Thanks

CWR and loose from trays are much much richer than boxes, but that is common knowledge. I did not keep track of the total numbers of CWR and loose that I bought, but the raw numbers broke down like this:

2012 4-90% 36-40%
2013 9-90% 57-40%
2014 1-90% 2-40%

In 2014 I quit bothering hitting up outlying banks and only got the few from my pickup bank. First thought would be "Get back to those outlying banks" but most of my previous year CWR and loose silver came from the pickup bank. Dropoff bank has a teller who watches for silver like a hawk so I get nothing out of that.

A couple of years back at one of the small town banks I bought about 10 CWR. Most of them had a man's name written on them in shaky old-guy writing and had the word SAVE printed on them. Man, I could hardly wait to get to the car and check these out! Rolls of Walkers? Bens? 64's? Even if it was all 40%, what a find. They were SOLID ROLLS of bicentennials. Oh well, I even got a laugh out of it and I had some fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread