30 banks - 50 miles - just 5 keepers!

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a great day, but managed 5 keepers out of about $600 I was able to find loose or CW.

What a strange day, I had hit about 20 banks and was only able to find about $60 in halves total for the day - I was considering cutting the trip short and doing something else with my time, but I kept going and eventually found some coins to search. From bank 21 to 28 I was able to find another $250 total, with no keepers to show for it.

Bank #29 had exactly two halves - one of them was the dirtiest, nastiest, burned up looking, most beautiful and gratifying 1964 Kennedy I had ever seen! The first of the day is beautiful no matter the condition of the coin!

Bank #30 had $302 in halves- about half and half between MWR and CWR. MWR produced nothing. CWR scored me another (4) 40%er's.

All in all it wasn't a great day, but it wasn't a skunk either! More for the pile.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
since all your keepers came from the last 2 banks it's a good thing you didn't give up.

I bought a couple of hundred in loose and re-rolled (searched) mwr halves from several banks today myself. I haven't really had a chance to search them yet but I'm not too hopeful. I picked up another dime box today too so maybe at least I can find a keeper in there. :)

HH

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lockespop said:
The first of the day is beautiful no matter the condition of the coin!

Love the first coin of the day. I feel your pain with the lackluster hunts. Had two similar days here. Both days netted north of $600 in CWR and one day was a skunk and the other yielded one 40%!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread