Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compare the pic of the Colorado River valley at the south end of Gore Canyon with the ones taken here. 30 miles north, couple of thousand feet lower, and 55 degrees with a little snow way up on top of the mountains where it belongs. Here today, 19 degrees with snow showers. It'll be another month before we see bare ground out in the woods here. I kinda feel like that coyote standin out on the frozen lake.

Attachments

• 3-30b.jpg
    3-30b.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 3-30c.jpg
    3-30c.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 3-30e.jpg
    3-30e.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 3-30f.jpg
    3-30f.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 3-30g.jpg
    3-30g.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 55

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful pictures, beautiful area. Thanks for posting. We have a "cold" front coming in the morning to blow the drizzle away. Highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's. About as cold as the cat and I can handle...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a neighbor in BV when I lived up on the mesa outside of town, that lifted a coyote pup from it's den. He feed it puppy formula and it grew up. It would yep and howl just like every other coyote. He kept it penned up, but it did escape and was never seen again. Most likely it ran out on the road and got hit.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Altitude does crazy things, weather wise.
I distinctly remember skiing up on Tuckermans Ravine a long time ago.
It was "spring like" at the "bottom".
By the time we got up, the wind was blowing 65 and the temps dropped like Hillarys credibility.
HAHAHA
(true story though)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got new snow on the hills around here above 4700 feet, while down here in the valley the temps were in the high 30s to the low 40s. It has been raining down here quite a bit at a slow to heave drizzle, while the snow is packing it up in the higher elevations. Hopefully there will be a quick melt off and expose some of those hard to find artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread