Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gave the new to me T2 a break today (And myself LOL!). Took my Teknetics Euro Tek Pro to the local park and about ten yards from my car turned the detector on and beep, beep, beep, beep......quarter spill, seven of them, all within two feet of each other. I suspect someone lost them running to the potty. They were in the grass about ten to fifteen feet directly in front of a port a jon. Kinda weird though, no pennies, nickels, or dimes! But hey, who's complaining, I like quarters! I went to the park to intentionally look for jewelry, urban prospecting I like to call it, I literally found the quarters immediately upon turning on my ETP. After collecting the quarters, I got to prospecting and in no time at all I had collected 5 or 6 pull tabs, two nickels, and two or three pieces of can slaw. Then bam, 10k ring with diamonds! Got a phone call that put an end to the hunt, but man what a cool thirty minutes it was! The ring sure ain't one to retire on, the diamonds are very small, and it's only 10k, but it's gold and it's a pretty little ring. I love my Euro Tek Pro for big open areas, parks, sports fields, beaches ect. I have the 11" DD on it, it's light, has independently adjustable iron volume, and a very unmistakable/unique mid tone (super when looking for nickels, gold or any mid tone object). It covers a lot of ground quickly when using the 11"DD. It's well balanced, easy to swing, has fast response/recovery time, very good sensitivity (even to very small objects), and misses almost no targets that are six inches or less in depth. It's also a really, really good performer in trashy areas using the 5" DD coil. Been a while since I been out with it, nearly forgot how much I like this detector. Just might have been the best two hundred bucks I've spent on this hobby! Sorry for the "sales pitch", I just get excited when talking about my ETP! Happy hunting to y'all! Oh, I really hope y'all had a wonderful Fourth of July!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 18

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 sweet finds... congrats on the coin spill and gold. :occasion14: I pulled an 8 quarter spill today myself. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 sweet finds... congrats on the coin spill and gold. :occasion14: I pulled an 8 quarter spill today myself. :thumbsup:
Thanks Loco! You found a spill as well, that's really cool! I love finding coin spills! Hey Loco, look out man, IT'S RAINING QUARTERS! LOL! Did you find any other coins in the spill besides quarters? I thought it was kinda weird that I found only quarters in the spill I stumbled upon. That weirdness has struck me twice. I found a spot last year were I found nothing but quarters. But hey, quarters are good! Seven or eight quarters are better than a hundred pennies any day eh? Provided the pennies are Lincoln's! Take care Loco!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet little ring! congrats!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MIKE NICE RING .

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt, Mike, congrats. I see you wear the diamond ring on your "diamond" finger,...intentional? Sub:laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring looks beautiful with your ink brother lol. Great find man

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the GOLD ring find!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A nice quickie with gold and ice, doesn't get much better than that ! Wish that would happen out here :hello2: :metaldetector: :treasurechest:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread