30 minutes at the playground with my daughter

Paul from SFbayarea

Mar 23, 2013
Union City, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Other
Had about 30 minutes to kill so I swung my metal detector around the playground where the school bus used to pick me up as a kid. My 3 year old daughter had fun playing around, and was excited to leave with a new toy car. It's also nice to get some of the junk out of the sand to make it a little safer for the kids. I'm sure there's more to be found since I only covered about 1/3 of the area.

IMG_6298at900lighter!!.png

Upvote 5

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 3 year old son LOVES toy cars. He gets excited whenever I find one with my detector, bring it home, clean it up and show it to him!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun to return to childhood sites. I went to the sliding hill we used when I was 6-7 years old. Found some nice silver! It was even fun to think maybe I had dropped some of it! Good going! Thanks for posting. H Digs :)

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah or ya made some little boy mad.Dude where's my car.Lol....it is surprising at all the trash in the ground around a place like that.want be long till you're daughter will won't her on MD.HH....

OP
OP
Paul from SFbayarea

Paul from SFbayarea

Mar 23, 2013
Union City, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it's great having a 3 year old to bring to the park! My daughter has a blast playing around on the play structures, and although I absolutely do love playing with her, chasing her around, and going down the slide with her as I always have, it's awesome to be able to detect while she's having fun and wanting to do her own thing as well. Technically, I guess we're both playing at the park. :laughing7: She does seem to have just as much fun following me around and waiting for the next signal to dig though, and even digging little holes in the sand with her own plastic trowel. I'm almost certain she'll have her own detector someday and it'll be awesome to have a little partner in crime!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to spend time with your daughter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread