Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another tuff one for me.
though my back held out.
on my last dig, I had a hard time standing back up.
though I use a long handled scoop as a cane to push myself up.

DSCF0009.JPG

it almost didn't work. and I thought I was going to need to crawl to a tree
to get me on my feet. so I figured it was time to Go.

I hunted what I was told was an Old National Baseball League Field in the 20's / 30's

1938 Aerial
Looks like there as a Pretty Serious Fence around it back Then.

000aaa.jpg

21st Century Aerial

000bbb.jpg

spent my time in the SW corner for shade

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

First Find was an Eyeball Find where I parked.

Tupperware Spongebob Square Pants Sandwich Keeper

DSCF0001(1).JPG

Unfortunately No Sandwich inside :(

DSCF0006(1).JPG

trash

DSCF0011.JPG

and 76 cents gas rebate.

DSCF0010.JPG

nothing old.

but the trip gave me an idea of a spot I would like to rehunt
once I'm in shape enough to make one trip worthwhile

haven't hunted there since the late 80's when it as a carnival grounds and all dirt/gravel.

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

0000ccccdddd.jpg

now Ambulance Association property, and about 60%
Blacktop :(
0000aaaabbbb.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos thank you for sharing, glad you are Ok! :icon_thumleft:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel for you my friend, I also know pretty much what you are going through. it becomes an adapting game where you have to alter how you do things. I caught myself trying to use my detector to get up and so went to the Sampson shovel but at times I need two of them to get up. I thought about back packing my unused walker just for the times where it seems excessively harder to get up. yeah I know, more stuff to carry but it gives you two points to pull up on. just don't give up, use your brain to figure out a better way for you to do it. I'd told someone once that I needed a forklift to follow me around and get me back up. Heck, I could use one of those motorized wheelchairs too! the one thing that I have figured out, when forced to cover less ground, you tend to do a better job at really working it right. I hope that things get better for you. you can always do like I did at the Walmart return, tell them that you would like to exchange your body or back for a new one. our bodies remind us of hard times on our bodies, whether by stupidity, accident or hard work. We wear out our bodies and pay the price. the good thing about the walkers, you can find them dirt cheap in resale stores and they don't weigh anything. I hope that you are able to work something out to physically be able to get up and down on your own. It would benefit me to lose some weight LOL. Jerry

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pictures I love the 'conifers' or Pine type trees.

Your finds Mirror mine. Except you got more Quarters.
God Bless

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you my friend, I also know pretty much what you are going through. it becomes an adapting game where you have to alter how you do things. I caught myself trying to use my detector to get up and so went to the Sampson shovel but at times I need two of them to get up. I thought about back packing my unused walker just for the times where it seems excessively harder to get up. yeah I know, more stuff to carry but it gives you two points to pull up on. just don't give up, use your brain to figure out a better way for you to do it. I'd told someone once that I needed a forklift to follow me around and get me back up. Heck, I could use one of those motorized wheelchairs too! the one thing that I have figured out, when forced to cover less ground, you tend to do a better job at really working it right. I hope that things get better for you. you can always do like I did at the Walmart return, tell them that you would like to exchange your body or back for a new one. our bodies remind us of hard times on our bodies, whether by stupidity, accident or hard work. We wear out our bodies and pay the price. the good thing about the walkers, you can find them dirt cheap in resale stores and they don't weigh anything. I hope that you are able to work something out to physically be able to get up and down on your own. It would benefit me to lose some weight LOL. Jerry

Yea I catch myself using my detector to help Stand up too.
Fortunately the weight I put on it is Minimal & more balance.

I've lost about 40 Lbs since my operation & hoping to loose 40 More, but not sure if I'll get there.
would like to be 180'ish.

I go in Friday morning for an operation on my lung to drain liquid out.
scares me they will be putting a tube in my chest. they say only pain will be the
Novocaine needle, but not sure I believe them :(

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea I catch myself using my detector to help Stand up too.
Fortunately the weight I put on it is Minimal & more balance.

I've lost about 40 Lbs since my operation & hoping to loose 40 More, but not sure if I'll get there.
would like to be 180'ish.

I go in Friday morning for an operation on my lung to drain liquid out.
scares me they will be putting a tube in my chest. they say only pain will be the
Novocaine needle, but not sure I believe them :(

congrats on the weight loss, will have you lifted up in prayer

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for a 30min. Hunt. Nice finds and an even better story from you and Jerry. Take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread