3030 grip??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tennis handle wraps.....

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vet wrap - I think by 3m

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use it to cover foam grips so they're easier to keep clean - just cut off and replace when it gets cruddy. I just realized the 3030 probably doesn't have any foam like my MXS. The vet wrap might work on that too.

JNimons

Oct 6, 2015
Beacon Falls, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, SunRay X1 Probe, TDK WR700 Wireless, NEL Tornado, SEF 6x8, SunRay X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a post I made in another forum yesterday. Maybe this will help....

One thing I notices since using the Etrac, is how gross the foam hand grip gets, especially if it is wet or muddy. It's not easy to clean and ends up looking like crud. I was afraid to use tennis racket tape or such on it for fear of ripping the foam removing it . After receiving Choppadudes Etrac last week, I had to do something. He took way to good care of it for me to dirty it up.

Ended up picking up some cling sports wrap at WallyWorld. For $5 I figured I would give it a try. I wrapped the foam grip and was pretty impressed with how tight it seemed to stay. Choppa had full covers on the Etrac, so the battery case is immaculate also. I decided to wrap that too. I have about 12 hours on it and it seems to be holding up perfectly. No adhesive to stick to the machine or grip. Easy to remove.

A $5 roll will do 4 or 5 grips depending on how much you put on, and doing the battery case I think I can get 2 machines worth out of a roll. For that price I will change it out every month or so if it is needed.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used something called "Lizard Skin" it's for baseball bats. Expensive but feels good,durable and cleans easily. Other things mentioned would work with varying results....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread