jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • Alexandria gazette. (Alexandria, D.C.), 28 Nov. 1911.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=477

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of my family is from down around the Dismal swamp--one of my great uncles got lost in there for 3 days when hunting, way back when. Also procured a bunch of artifacts from there in the early 1900s. Place is still wild.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Part of my family is from down around the Dismal swamp--one of my great uncles got lost in there for 3 days when hunting, way back when. Also procured a bunch of artifacts from there in the early 1900s. Place is still wild.
NC or VA...?

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Aren't eagles still a protected species. When they say presented to the local eagles to be mounted almost sounded celebratory? Sorry, but somebody should get some jail time.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea they would go to jail if they did this now . the story is from the year 1911. and those guys are as dead as that eagle by now. I see you're from Cumberland too , howdy neighbor.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't eagles still a protected species. When they say presented to the local eagles to be mounted almost sounded celebratory? Sorry, but somebody should get some jail time.

Had it been left to Benjamin Franklin, the turkey would have been our national bird. So we might have been eating bald eagle for thanksgiving.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Oops, my bad. Didnt even see the 1911. Howdy back at ya ticndig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread