JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a fellow western washingtonian I know about the wet weather. LOL. My Ace 250 has done well in downpours (like last weekend). I have the housing cover for it that garrett makes (15 bucks) and never had a problem. I will be getting the AT PRO soon......I may have an ace 250 for sale...:laughing7:

Skidder

Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett Ace 350 ($297.00) and also use the Garrett cover ($14.97). Went out most all day yesterday in a cold rain without an issue

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If i had $350 to spend on a new MD.
I live in Extremely WET western Washington State (seattle).

for around $350, what MD would you buy for Prospecting, coin finding, general detecting old farmlands & such in WET weather.

I cannot afford nor forsee me being able to afford the AT Pro.
Thought I taught you better than that! Wait for nice weather like me Dipwad. OHYEAH you have to WORK!!!:laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet weather shouldn't be an issue for any detector you choose so long as you keep the electronics covered. A Baggie or two with rubber bands to hold them on work just fine. No issues at all with the coil getting wet. If you need to lay the detector down, just prop it up on something so the electronics arent laying in water.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm..

Attachments

• Waterproof.bmp
    423.1 KB · Views: 80

swantek

Jul 29, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I was in the same boat as far as price goes. After asking silly questions to these forums I ended up buying the Tesoro Cibola. As long as you dont care about a monitor. You can pick these up about 360ish. Now I just received mine today, so I can not give you personal oppinion. But after purchasing mine I have seen some you tube vids comparing the cibola to the 250 air test. Take a look.

http://home.earthlink.net/~deltareale/data/AIR TEST CIBOLA.pdf

As far as waterproof um try this:

I Did It Too, Waterproofed My Cibola, Found Gold Part 2, How To Do It.

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, maybe i'm in luck. My neighbor is a Garrett dealer and offered a special neighbor to me at cost price. Told me he really wants me to get the AT PRO. I told him my lovely wife wanted her part from my Jeep sale and he laughed. Said to just come to the store and we will look up his cost and pencil out a plan and price. His price from Garrett.
hope what I have left is enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, this topic has run its course. i am the PROUD and HAPPY new owner of a GARRETT AT PRO.
ok, back to my yard now. See ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread