Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still learning the Deus and had basically made my own program that I thought was doing pretty good but then realized that it didn't do very well on the fine and small gold. So, after some more research, I got it lined out somewhat better. So, I went back to where I had been hunting to check it again. I figured that I would be able to cover the ground quicker since I had previously hunted it. Well, dug a lot more foil, found even more pull tabs and $1.63 in clad that I had missed. I was pretty tired and hot and had made a detour round about towards the truck. I was digging higher VDIs now at 18 hz and thought that I was digging possibly a penny for the last hole. I was really thinking about cold water, air conditioning and a snack when I plopped the plug over to get the coin. Talk about a surprise, I couldn't believe that I was looking at a class ring and could see the 22 in the stone. I was trying to take a picture with my new phone but with the sun light overhead, I couldn't see what I was doing. Anyways, it is a 2010 Wicks Warriors High School ring. It has the owner's name inscribed in it, so I knew that I would be able to return it. Wicks was a very small school, maybe thirty students in any graduating class. It is not a gold or silver ring but it is still a class ring. Via facebook, the owner was contacted and asked if he had lost a class ring and could describe it. The owner was super excited as he explained that he had lost it eight years ago, in the area where I found it and even told me of the small chips in the stone. He was so excited that he texted every minute or so as we made arrangements for a Saturday morning return. While in one way it wasn't quite what I was hoping for in terms of gold or silver, it seems to be gold to him. It is totally amazing how no matter how tired I was, I was suddenly energized by what I found, stoked is the word I believe. From what he was telling me, he had lost it like almost immediately and never thought that he would get it back. The school has since been consolidated and no longer exists as such. This is why I love this hobby, you never know what you will find and you have the ability or possibility to do things such as this. Thanks for looking at my loot of the day.

Attachments

• 0518171302_Burst30.jpg
    0518171302_Burst30.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 0518171802.jpg
    0518171802.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 0518171803.jpg
    0518171803.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 0518171803c.jpg
    0518171803c.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 26
Lost for eight years, he probably thought it was a gonner. You surely made his day and put out a pretty good image of what the good guys do when they dig a monogrammed ring. NICE !

That is so cool and recovering an item that you can return to the owner and make their day.

WTG Dirtlooter...you certainly made his day! Don't ya just love that fuzzy feeling you get when you can brighten someone's day...I'd like to be there when you present it back to him...great post, thx for sharing...Ddf

Awesome ring, that's a honker! Good job getting it back to the owner. Make sure ya post pics of the return!

Nice looking ring. Good luck on the return. I'm sure the owner will appreciate it.

Congrats on an great find! :occasion14:
Nice to make someones day by returning a lost item thought to never be seen again!

the ring was found in some pretty packed dirt over really hard ground at about 4 inches. I figure that it was in the added dirt fill over the harder ground below, a mixture of clay etc. the stone had a couple of chips in it and I didn't know if I had done it, the rocks or what but the owner described them to me so they were already there. There is nothing like the feeling of seeing something actually good glaring right back up to you and yes, it feels really awesome to be able to return something to someone. this will be my third class ring return in about three years time. still pretty stoked!:icon_thumright:

Three rings in three years is amazing. Beautiful ring, nice return! :occasion14:

Congrats on the nice ring and return. May the next one be a keeper and gold. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back