kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

So I recently graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station. While in my last semester this spring, I found 2 sterling silver James Avery rings in the parking lot where I parked for classes, one a respectable 3.6 gram sterling silver ring and the other was a whopper of a ring, a floral ring with citrine from James Avery that weighed in at almost 14 grams, was .925 and valued at $200. Unfortunately, it had been run over repeatedly so now I just have it for the content but the first ring I found was in perfect shape. I also found a small 10K necklace chain that weighs in at a little under a gram.

Today, I found my 3rd .925 ring in a different parking lot I use on the University for work. It weighs in at 2.3 grams, is marked NF .925 Thailand on the inside and has what appears to be 6 fake diamonds on the front and should have 3 more but are missing. As you can see from the pics, it's in bad shape but it's more silver to add to the pile.

So many careless kids, I would love to be a parking attendant around here because I'm sure they find a ton of silver and gold jewelry due to the overload of 50,000+ college students in one area.

HH to all!

Attachments

• silverring2.jpg
    silverring2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,259
  • silverring.jpg
    silverring.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,839

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Appears you are on your way to a great ring year!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to the University of Michigan, and it seems like every other week I find gold or silver. I also scoop up about $100 in change a year

HH
-GC

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been thinking about mding the local college here in our town those kids should hve some rings or coins deposited on the campus .

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations on the graduation. A lot of people try and don't make it, and end up transferring to t.u.
I agree with the chance the PSO have to find things in the lots. I know people who have found anything from jewelry to fetal pigs on the buses.
Good luck in the future.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions