3week turn around

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you know where your coins went!!! That's a good thing!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
I wonder what the odds are of that happening a third time Iamrussell?
killingme.gif

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you know where your coins went!!! That's a good thing!

Why is that good Tim? Two things come to my mind- 1: I'm recycling through my dumps every 3 weeks which if that's the case Loomis doesn't have a very deep stash- 2: if someone dumps a stash it'll get back out into circulation pretty fast-
So now I just gotta hope for little old grandma or grandchild to keep their grubby hands picking those old coins out of the collection-

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's good. You'll be able to know that dumping coins like that is not an efficient way to get them out of dodge.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good because you have information. From that information, you should be able to make changes. Either change buy bank or dump bank. If that's not possible, you need to change the way you hunt or denomination you hunt.

OO

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent found any of my marked coins at all... And I dump into 2 different sources.

IMO you need to change where you are dumping, or picking up from... why re-search the same stuff every couple weeks?

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will keep both my dump banks(only ones that have machines that don't have a small limit) and pick up banks(have the best relationship with and don't charge fees plus I don't want to miss the times someone does dump a collection) but I am going to look for another new pick up that has a different vendor-

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marking coins is useless. Do volume and be consistent. I would advise against switching pickup locations, that's like changing your lotto pics every few weeks.

Coin Roll Hunting is really just luck and maximizing your chances to "seize an opportunity". If you want to add more pickup locations, I recommend increasing your bankroll, but continue to consistently search the banks you already do. You never know when that "little old lady" will dump her stash into circulation. If the turnaround time is 3 weeks +/- in your area, you could easily miss it by bouncing between banks for pickups.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once got back an entire box that I dumped weeks later at a completely different bank. I knew it was mine because I had marked the box itself instead of just the rolls. very strange

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions