4-14-13 great day hunting!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my site again today. It was a great day! The weather was perfect, it was relaxing and fun, and had some great finds.

I found 5 more wheaties today. One of them was 9 - 10 inches deep! It came in a little jumpy from CO 38 - 41. The pinpoint was almost impossible to find. It responded better to the disc mode than pinpoint mode. But 8 inches it was still in the bottom and came out in the next chunk so I can't be sure exactly how deep but at least 9!

I also dug another fired bullet. Not sure about the caliber, but it's fired and struck something. I'm beginning to wonder if a gun battle happened here.

I also found another IH, this on from 1902. I also dug a Buffalo nickle. I can see a 7 on the date, but that's it. And my last find of the day was a new first for me! I can't see a date but it's a shield nickle!!! :o

My first ever shield. So I broke my 14 hunt silver streak, but that's fine. Any day hunting is good, the finds are just icing on the cake.

4-14finds_zpse03543f2.jpg

Upvote 4

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first shield nickel. Great finds

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WooHoo on the Shield Nickel.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullet looks like a 30 cal. Carbine. Very small bullets yet powerful for size. Surplus carbines were very popular in Okla. right after Korea. $19.95 and surplus ammo also cheap. Farmers and ranchers liked them because the were short, light, and would put down a coyote.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins
congrats.gif

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread