4 bags of pennies

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
since the silver around here seems to have dried up for a while i went to the bank and purchased 4 bags of pennies off of the counter machine. each bag had 50.00 face. came home and crunk up the ryedale. out of 200.00 face 40.00 was copper (pre 1983) and i got 56 wheats. guess i will get another few bags tuesday. pennies are fun, but only with a ryedale. wish someone would invent a ryedale machine that would sort silver dimes from clad dimes.

Upvote 0

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
we do 8 boxes every week with the ryedale. couldn't do it without it. Andy just needs to add an optical scanner to it to separate by date. it takes 6+ hours going thru the zincs looking for wide AM's and double dies. we average 17-19% copper lately. Last year it was 20+. picked up a bad from a local TD once and only got 4% out of it so i figured i got someones zinc dumps.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
buffhunter said:
we do 8 boxes every week with the ryedale. couldn't do it without it. Andy just needs to add an optical scanner to it to separate by date. it takes 6+ hours going thru the zincs looking for wide AM's and double dies. we average 17-19% copper lately. Last year it was 20+. picked up a bad from a local TD once and only got 4% out of it so i figured i got someones zinc dumps.

No disrespect, but if you are going through all of them spending that much time why even use the ryedale? :dontknow: I have not invested in a ryedale for this reason. I already go through each cent looking for errors and putting them through a machine seems like a waste of time unless I were just culling copper.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
:icon_thumleft: nice job on the wheats...i saved up over 100 dollars in copper, then decided not to save it any more so dumped it in a counter, so who every gets a box of cents made from that bag(s) of coins, will have a lot of copper...p.s. i live in CO, and dumped it in a bank using Loomis, so if anyone finds a box almost completely full of copper around here, now u know where it came from :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread