image.jpeg More Au for my bucket!!

Upvote 0

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean 5 Rosie's? I don't know why we call Roosevelt dimes Rosie's...shouldn't it be Rooses or Roosies or Roos. Sorry to be the crh sheriff today.

I guess Franklins just sounds too much like the 90% half-dollar Ben Franklins for me. Call it what you want though.

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean 5 Rosie's? I don't know why we call Roosevelt dimes Rosie's...shouldn't it be Rooses or Roosies or Roos. Sorry to be the crh sheriff today.

I guess Franklins just sounds too much like the 90% half-dollar Ben Franklins for me. Call it what you want though.

You are absolutely right. Franklins are always referring to the half dollar Ben Frankins. I have never ever herd of a rosie being referred to as a Franklin. My guess is that the OP was just trying to be funny, or is confused.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I was confused by the Au as well. I'm looking at the pics and thinking "those don't look Almost Uncirculated." I think he meant Ag.

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody take a deep breath and relax. Franklin Roosevelt. Geez.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody take a deep breath and relax. Franklin Roosevelt. Geez.

We are well aware of Roosevelt's first name. But everyone calls them Rosies to avoid confusion with Ben Franklin halves. i guarantee you 100% of the people who clicked on this thread were expecting to see half dollars.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fooled me! My avatar shows that I am serious about what to be called Franklin!:dontknow::laughing7:

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgive & forget. I remember that when I was very very young, I thought the dime was a HARRY S TRUMAN, never new of a Roosevelt as FDR president.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions