billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In four different sales in the past month, I caught a Plano double sided plastic box filled with all these lures and a reel. In each of the others, I saw these: a red reel, and two more reels that came with leather pouches.

The one in the plastic tackle box: Abu Garcia is marked 5600 RCX and stamped 160120 04 on the shiny rod mount.

The red one by itself: Ambassadeur 5000 stamped 740803

The red one in a leather pouch: Ambassadeur 5000 stamped 731102

The green reel in a more stiff pouch: Ambassadeur 5000 D, stamped 750301

Can you tell me what I caught?

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 76

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you when the Ambassadeur's were made, the older models didn't have serial numbers...

red one by itself: Ambassadeur 5000 stamped 740803, made in August 1974, 3rd production run.
red one in a leather pouch: Ambassadeur 5000 stamped 731102, made in November 1973, 2nd production run.
green reel in a more stiff pouch: Ambassadeur 5000 D, stamped 750301, made in March 1975, 1st production run

It's nice that
2 of them are in their original cases and you have paperwork for one of them. They usually came with a plastic vial that had a wrench and some spare parts in it and a tube of oil.
Condition means everything when it comes to value. The cleaner, the better.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah all of those lures are late 60's to 70's and are still in production today except maybe the Lazy Ike. Are any of the Heddons wood or all they all plastic?If any are wood they could be older.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah all of those lures are late 60's to 70's and are still in production today except maybe the Lazy Ike. Are any of the Heddons wood or all they all plastic?If any are wood they could be older.

I've boxed them back, but I can check. Will the name be on each lure? If not, which one are Heddons?

Thanks for the help,
Bill

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 jitterbugs are Heddon and I believe the other 2, would be the 3rd lure above Lazy Ike (tiger pattern) and next to Lazy Ike, only can see belly of lure,also the lure in the top pic in between the clear lure and the blue ,white and red mouth lure could be a Heddon. The jitterbugs should say info on the metal lip. When you sell these you want to market them to Bass fisherman unless they are older then look for lure collectors.Although with most still in production there wont be a high premium on them. The Lazy Ike and the one on top between the clear lure and the blue, white and red lure are ones I am not familiar with. Those were a lot of my go to lures as a kid fishing farm ponds.If you don't mind telling how much did you get all that for?

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 jitterbugs are Heddon and I believe the other 2, would be the 3rd lure above Lazy Ike (tiger pattern) and next to Lazy Ike, only can see belly of lure,also the lure in the top pic in between the clear lure and the blue ,white and red mouth lure could be a Heddon. The jitterbugs should say info on the metal lip. When you sell these you want to market them to Bass fisherman unless they are older then look for lure collectors.Although with most still in production there wont be a high premium on them. The Lazy Ike and the one on top between the clear lure and the blue, white and red lure are ones I am not familiar with. Those were a lot of my go to lures as a kid fishing farm ponds.If you don't mind telling how much did you get all that for?

Thanks for the help, I'll get them out and let you know what I see on each. The total amount for everything pictured, including the "Magnum" double sided see-thru lid plastic box cost me a total of $62.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help, I'll get them out and let you know what I see on each. The total amount for everything pictured, including the "Magnum" double sided see-thru lid plastic box cost me a total of $62.

Very good deal you got. Fishing is my other passion.I guess my handle tells you that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread