Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:laughing7:
Hello fellow prospectors,
made it out for a little hike today with my wife and took some pictures of the spot I dropped my sluice in. Such a nice day even the wife wanted to go and she was feeling a bit under the weather. Found a little color, just enough to keep me searching for more. I think the old time 49ers beat me to the punch as their are large cleared flat areas and some long big tailing piles that have large trees growing out of them running parallel to the creek. Enjoy the pics let me know what ya think of the pics, Gravelwasher :headbang:

Attachments

• DSC04091.JPG
    DSC04091.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC04080.JPG
    DSC04080.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC04074.JPG
    DSC04074.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC04079.JPG
    DSC04079.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC04081.JPG
    DSC04081.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 112

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics! 2 hours in and 2 hours back... no sir, unless I fill the vial! Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello Terry,

It was a short hike in and out, we spent a total of 4 hours hiking and sluicing. This last Sunday we hiked down the redshack trail off hwy 49 on the south fork of the American river, wow what a hike out especially when you run out of water before the hike back, I felt like I was going to puke going up that canyon. Found one nice chunky pc call it a lrg flake and 10 nice flakes in a few hours at redshack definitely not worth the pain in the a$$ hike up that canyon. The spot in the pics put off about 20 small colors in about 3 hours of sluicing, not real good but a nice spot and I havent made it to bedrock yet so I may try again.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gravel, nice pics. Let me know if you are gonna be able to go saturday. I scheduled myself off so i can go all day.pm me or text me later we can decide if we want to sluice or power-sluice, I ran the lower section of the South Fork yesterday, Man did I see some spots I am gonna hit. There are some areas you can see awesome black sand concentrations and Rusty Rusty Red layers, they were doing a big release 3000 cfs so there was alot underwater I didnt see but, man there is some good looking stuff down there, there has got to be some major flood gold concentrations......hit me up lets go saturday.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Nice pics gw. I need to get out. After 3 weeks of work with only one day off im going to go on a gold panning binge.

Pville i heard you will have more weekends off with the new job....finally we can move some dirt together again.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other awesome benifit is that my business partner owns a rafting company......... I can get myself or us dropped prettymuch anywhere from Chili Bar to Folsom Lake, there are alot of spots to hit that no one really gets a chance to work.I could definately arrange an overnighter.....and get us down there with a Hibanker.Are you able to go saturday?

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Just back from Ice house reservoir went out kayaking with the wife. Had a great time sampled the gravels from the inlet of the lake but nothing at all, too much granite and no quartz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread