Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When that car finally hit the streets I would keep my Camera in the car with me and we would stalk them so I could take pics. :D

Here is one of mine in traffic when I still lived in Missouri.

2811398433_735424ffc8_o.jpg

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Yeah its a great looking car but personally I'm a fan of the 70s barracudas so I bought the conversion pieces. And recently I hit a deer. (get ready to wince)

image-3838422816.jpg

image-3240061966.jpg

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Water flow changes every day even in the same spot and that changes the discharge as the back of the box sits in the water
A general rule I use is run it as flat as you can get away with
When your in slow water it creates more back presure on the box discharge and will require little more angle
When your in faster water things move out of the box a little easer and will generally require less angle
But the are a lot of other thing like the rate of materal your going thru that effect all of this
And all of us like something a little different
I run my dredge full till as hard as it will go and I feed as much as I can and when I stop to move,rock ect I cap may nozzle to stop from washing things out until I'm ready to suck more materal I leave it caped
A lot of my buddy's think I'm nuts but its what works for me
You need to run it run it and run it some more move thing around try different angle feeding speeds watch the effects and find what ya like the best

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Well I'd have to have pontoon risers to be exact. But it would lift the box and everything a little higher and out of the water. So your sluice box would always have the same low pressure point (the end of your sluice box) every time.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They work beter in the water slows things down and gives the gold a better chance to fall out

Just run it as flat as ya can wide open and feed it as much as ya can without plugging it up or overloading the riffles
Running it hard you loose some of the fine stuf but there less plugs
Slow it down after. Ya have spent enought time to be comfortable with it and just watch. What happens
You'll pick it up faster than you think
Also you will start to notice the kind of rocks that plug your line
They are usally longer flat rocks for me and you will leanr to throw them instead of running them thru the nozzles
You need some restriction on your nozzle but not much
Just look at sone vids on you tube and u will see where some guys have a ring about 1/2 in smaller
That's about all you need

That's a pretty good machine you have I use to own one
What part of the country r u

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I was going to weld ya up a ring but its a little further than I had hoped

If you want to eat the shipping I could do it it would take about 10 minutes to build it
But the cost of shipping will buy ya all the supply's needed do ya have a fried that's weld or do you?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here ya go mazzy you can make it smaller if ya like and add a cross bar also but you just start throwing more rocks the smaller it gets

Attachments

• image-1498337115.jpg
    image-1498337115.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks sammons. I thought about a cross bar too. I guess we'll see how it works

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another real easy way is to buy a reducer for exhaust to 3 or 3 1/2

You can slip it on and off and that sharp edge will actually break some of the flat rocks
The donn side come when you'd catch you hand in the current of the nozzel it will cut ya a little easy er
Any how good luck
If ya ever make it down this far give me a shout will take ya out where we go !

KipInOhio

Greenie
Dec 26, 2009
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf Master PI, Fisher Goldbug 2, Fisher 1270, Keene 2-inch dredge, underwater ROV 75ft depth.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, looking at your pic, it makes sense. Just lift one end of the dredge onto the hood and then ssslllliiiiidddddeeee it up onto the roof.

OK, how many just cringed when they read that?

Yep your right, that hood scoop would keep the pontoons centered as it slid onto the windsheild.

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
The scoop really does help centering it. Especially since I always load it from the trunk side

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Sammons. I'll def hit u up if we ever get to tn. My gf has friends there so maybe some day we'll hit a honey hole of gold. I dunno how far it is from u but check out contrary creek in va. If you're not too far I can hit ya up when I go there and maybe make a day trip out of it with my gf and the kids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread