Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A suspicious story about a truck loaded with $4 million in gold of the company Transvalue Inc.
The truck breaks down on the highway and the security guards get out to inspect it. Meanwhile a white van that had been following them pulls over. Armed men get out of the van and subdue the security guards. They then haul the $4 million in gold out of the Transvalue Inc. truck and load it into their van. The thieves get away without a trace.

$4 million in gold stolen from truck in North Carolina

Gold-Coins-Images-51.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hearing of this story and naturally just about every semi has radios, especially hauling valuables, no carrier is going to allow any non communications with dispatch if there are any problems or if dispatch sees on teh GPS that the truck has stopped without reasoning. I think it is an inside job and the drivers are invovled in it. Sounds too suspicious that niether of them called dispatch being everyone has cell phones as well!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
And in a completely unrelated, and very coincidental story, my cousin Eddie and I are selling our supply of shredded gold along with our solid gold slag at 0.5% over spot. (cash only please)

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.18.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.19.29 PM.png

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The linked article says it was an armored truck and I saw no mention of stolen silver. 4 million in silver would be over 15,000 lbs unless I screwed up the math.

Do you have a link to the story that mentions silver?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it won't be long to figure out my speculations are correct. One or both of the guards were in on the heist!

Now reports said the driver stopped because one of the guards was not feeling well! Mechanics checked the truck out and found no issues on the truck! Imagine that!

Truck crew says carsickness led to $4.8M heist of gold bars

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
easy enough to give someone food poisoning at one of those truck stops.... but both out as the same time and a unmarked semi..... I agree it has to have been an inside job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread