4 ringer in the park??? But lost my bet!!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend George whom I work with and who got me into M Ding in the first place! laughed when he saw someone out in the city park this week cause he said that park had been cleaned out 10 years ago by him and many others. This particular park has been in use scince the 1830s. I told him that I believed this park still had good finds in it and bet him a 5 $ spot I could find a silver coin in 2 hrs of hunting !! I did not tell him that I had M.D.ed This park last year and I had found a portion of the park That gave me a few oldies . Well I searched hard for 2 hours! I do something different with my settings on my tesoro when I hunt this way, meaning looking for deep non ferrous copper and silver coins. I set my disc above pulltab and basically overload the sensitivity . I get alot of sputting and spurting from my machine on tin foil ect.. but dig every signal I can crisscross on machine. Seems to work for me ?? Well I lost my bet but he was very surprised with the Keepers I did get in 2 hours !! ! 1- 1906 Indian head , 1 1928 wheat, 1 1940 can cent, 44- wheat, 56 wheat, A very nice shoe buckle ! and a 50 cal. ?? 4 ringer. Clearly 4 rings on this lead , does any one have any info on this particular ringer??

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know about the four ringer, but you have some nice finds. Congrats.....

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
nice finds!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I'll bet you $5 that I can find a silver coin in that park...Oh wait Maine?..nevermind, too far of a drive...
Nice job!!!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 45-70 bullet.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job...congrats.

I have a park around the corner from work that I go to during lunch time. I usually get in 40 to 45 minutes of hunting time. The park is not that big but I've pulled out a large cent, a hard times token, a 2 center and many wheaties, IHs, Buffalos, Vs, Barbers and Mercs (not that many Roosevelts or Washingtons - not that I'm complaining). The finds are starting to become fewer but I seem to find at least one keeper each time out. I was just about to start looking for a new spot which is hard in the very urban area that I work but yesterday I pulled out my first flying eagle cent. No matter how much I go there it seems to always produce a keeper for me. I'm a true believe that a good site is never completely cleaned out. Get back out there....

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread