4 rolls of 1976 halves

bdbullets

Jun 15, 2008
Davenport Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Hi
Today a customer brought in 4 rolls of half dollars into the store where I work and wanted to know if he could buy groceries with them. The cashier brought them to me and asked if we could take them. I told her to take them and then I bought them hoping for a silver or two. All 4 rolls look to be uncirculated ( I don't know much about grading)bicentinal Halves. I don't know if they are worth anything more than I paid for them. Are they worth anything? If so I will probably sell them as I don't have much interest in them.
Thanks

Upvote 0

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
We saw a post like this a while back...I think they're probably worth face value. I (along with most everyone else) would be happy to pay face for them and then save them for when my little guy is a CRHer, but I am sure you will get the same offer from everyone else!

My suggestion, if they are uncirculated, is to stick them in a box somewhere for future generations to enjoy!

This probably was not that helpful, but congratulations on the find!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Unfortunately, the 1976 bi. halves are the most common date for half dollars. Hundreds of millions of them were made, so they are not worth more than face value.

Sorry.

~Dave

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I keep running across 1976 Bi halves that have a golden cast. Not gold plated, but with a distinctively golden tone to them. They are usually found in very good condition, and I made up a few rolls of them, but stopped because they seemed far too common to bother with. What's the story on those?
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread