4 Silver Day and another 1st for me

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to Charlotte today to work on the same site I have been hunting the past two weekends. It is just outside the center city and has turned into a good place to hunt.

In the previous two hunts I had the 1923 Mercury with the die defect and a 1929 SLQ (which was another 1st for me).

This week, the second coin I dug, after a clad quarter, was a 1904 Barber dime. This is my first ever Barber and I did a really big happy dance when I saw the wreath on the back.

As the day progressed, I hunted other areas in this green space and just around lunch I found a 1944 Merc.

I went to get lunch and also bought lunch for a homeless man that I had been talking with. He was so polite and really impressed me when he gave thanks for the meal I had provided. His landscaping employer had lost the contract and had to let him go a few months ago. I wished him well and wished I had a spare coat with me, because it is getting cold tonight and all he had was a thin jacket. The coat give away yesterday ran out before he could get one and he said some unscrupulous people had gotten coats and gotten back in line to get second ones.

After we had lunch I went back to it and not 20 feet from where we ate lunch, I found the 1941 S Merc. I watched the police clean up a pretty hard fender bender and then hunted around this same large tree some more and on the other side found the 1935 Merc.

I hunted all over and couldn't find much else except the usual clad. Ended up with 7 clad quarters, 5 clad dimes and 8 Memorial pennies.

I included the other relics I have found (except for what I think is a large cent and a possible King George copper I found today which is soaking in olive oil with the large cent). The Hormel Lucky Girl token is neat along with the heart thing that appears to be a pendant (it is very heavy and I wouldn't want to wear it). The other items are brass and cast iron and signs of the old building that were on the site for nearly 100 years.

I will quit typing and wish everyone out there good luck and no trouble in their hunting!

Attachments

• 11-5-10 Small1.jpg
    11-5-10 Small1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 11-5-10 Reverse Small1.jpg
    11-5-10 Reverse Small1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Charlotte Relics 1.jpg
    Charlotte Relics 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 403
  • Charlotte Relics 2.jpg
    Charlotte Relics 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Lucky Girl Small.jpg
    Lucky Girl Small.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome t.Net forum ! :thumbsup:
Nice Buckle and coins.... congrats .

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're a very decent man for helping out a stranger! :notworthy:
Congrats on your finds too! :icon_thumright:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great thing to do :thumbsup:
You sir are a Credit to the hobby ;D
Congrats also on your finds :thumbsup:
HH Soup

OP
OP
Tenspeed

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtfishing said:
That's a good Day in my Book. Just needed one of those peskie Rosies for the Hat Trick!!

I hunted an extra couple of hours looking for the trifecta!! Why can't you find a silver Rosie when you need it?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This was one of my better days if not the best since I have been detecting.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds. :thumbsup:
That was a good thing buying lunch for the homeless man.
roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread