4 Silvers from a S.F. Park today!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an awesome day in S.F. today! Temperature was 72 degrees with sunny blue skies. The park today must have had 10,000 people in it. I had to dodge all the Frisbees and dog balls while I hunted. It was a target rich environment with 19 wheat pennies, 3 silvers dimes (1948-S, 1949-D, 1958-D), 1 silver quarter, and a buffalo nickel. I believe the date is 1928. Total clad was a little over 8.00. My hunting partner had a good day too, he got a merc dime and a buffalo nickel. We started out in about 6 different areas of the park until we could find some wheat pennies. Wheat pennies are my barometer, as soon as we started finding them we slow down and concentrate on the deeper signals.

Attachments

• QuarterBuff&3Rosies203.jpg
    QuarterBuff&3Rosies203.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 705
  • CleanQuarterBuff&3Rosies204.jpg
    CleanQuarterBuff&3Rosies204.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! it looks like you've been rubbing the coins though, some roosies are worth more than melt!

HH
-GC

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would rub a rosie just abut now.. nice hunt!!!! MR TUFF

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW dude! GREAT job on the silver finds ~ and the Buffalo nickel! SO SWEET!!!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats... I love GGP. I haven't tried anywhere else down that way yet. Hoping my partner in crime is feeling better this coming weekend and we will head down that way!

Good Luck,

Rob

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dagreat said:
Congrats... I love GGP. I haven't tried anywhere else down that way yet. Hoping my partner in crime is feeling better this coming weekend and we will head down that way!

Good Luck,

Rob

I'll be down there again this Saturday, maybe I'll run into ya :wink:. Hopefully the weather will be as good as last Saturday. I'm going right back to where I left off, I was digging wheat pennies right up to the last 5 minutes of the day. One thing I noticed about this park is the concentration of good targets. Most obvious areas of the park are pretty clean and devoid of targets, the good targets tend to be concentrated on small areas or corners of the park. ..oops, I just gave away a secret on how to hunt this park. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread