4 silvers from the schools including 2 Washington quarters ams some good knives from the scout camp

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Took another trip to the scout camp. I have done most of the camp, but I keep a list of where I have detected and when. I also have a camp map I mark off areas with colored pencils to help keep track. I went to a camp site I did 3 years ago to see what has been lost in 3 summers of camp and to clean up anything I might have missed last time.

I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 94 coins with a face value of $12.00, 149 camp tent pegs, a stainless fork, a 1941 wheatie, 4 rope tensioners, 3 sinkers, the copper jacket from a bullet, 3 knives in great shape, personal tent pegs, a few tabs, melted aluminum from the campfires and a whole aluminum can.

DSCN3161.jpeg

Camp tent pegs come in a wide variety and they are all large. They can be up to an inch in diameter and 10 to 15 inches long and are made of steel. They are used for the large wall tents used at camp that sleep 2 people on canvas cots. Personal tent pegs are from smaller tents used by individuals. Some people do bring their own tents to set up in the sites. These pegs are not very thick and are generally less than 8 inches in length. They can be made of steel or aluminum.

IMG_8348.jpeg

IMG_8352.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the tiny park to try and finish up. I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and did not get done. I did find 131 coins with a face value of $7.07, a heart stick pin, a small key, a cup hook, a heavy copper wire connector, a little can slaw, some foil and a few tabs. Not a lot of trash and iron in the ground. Nothing great, but the gas money was pretty good so no complaints. I’ll need to go back for a short hunt to finish up the park.

DSCN3162.jpeg

DAY 3
I went back to the elementary school. I spent 5 hours expanding the grid on the upper playground. Things were very slow for the first 3 hours with a little jewelry and very few coins but I kept at it and in the end I had 25 coins with a face value of $1.34, 2 silver quarters, 2 wheaties, an aluminum calendar, a nice bunch of jewelry, a railroad penny (a penny put on the railroad tracks and flattened by a train), some foil can slaw and tabs.

DSCN3163.jpeg

The 2 silver Washington quarters were a nice surprise. They don’t come up that often and 2 in a hunt is even better. I believe these 2 were lost at the same time as they were only about 8 inches apart and at the same depth. A 1941 and 1949 both with a decent amount of wear so they had been around a while before they were lost.

DSCN3164.jpeg

The aluminum calendar is 50 years old. It was one that you bent the ends in so it would stay on the band of a wrist watch. A cheap way to make any wrist watch a calendar watch when they were not common and expensive. Except for being a little bent up this one is in great shape for its age.

DSCN3165.jpeg

3 more rings but they are all costume jewelry. The one on the left with the green stone looks really nice and the gold colored one on the right is an AVON square knot ring. I’m kind of on a roll lately as far as rings go. Unfortunately most of them are cheapies.

DSCN3166.jpeg

This little dome piece is silver and has marcasite crystals in it. It still has glue on the inside and looks like it would have held a pearl. So 3 silvers this trip. I am always hoping, but you never know. This trip I spent a long time not finding much. If I had quit or gone somewhere else I would not have found most of the coins including the silver quarters and the wheaties. The goodies are waiting out there, you just have to be patient and keep looking to find them.

DSCN3167.jpeg

I also found a couple more big iron pieces. The one on the left is part of an old school desk. The other one might be as well but I’m not positive.

IMG_8363.jpeg

DAY 4
So back to the middle school to finish the week. I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 working the grid and found 131 coins with a face value of $7.82 (77 pennies), a large wrist watch frame decorated with czs, a set of keys from the same hole (the key ring was rusted mostly away and fell apart when they came out of the hole), a pendant, a ring, a 1945 wheatie, 6 screw in cleats, a ball inflation needle, a valve stem cap (modern screw-in type), part of a modern valve stem, 7 .22 caliber starter pistol blanks, a toy car, foil, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps and tabs.

DSCN3168.jpeg

The pendant is silver with some 15 czs in it. It says ALWAYS MY DAUGHTER FOREVER MY FRIEND. It was a mid tone signal and when I parted the grass to pinpoint, there it was, right on the top. This trip was different because I only found 2 pieces of jewelry. The pendant on the first pass across the field and the ring was my last target as I finished the last pass.

DSCN3169.jpeg

I seem to find a cleat or 2 on each hunt here, but this trip I found a bunch. It’s been a while since I found any .22 caliber pistol blanks and today I found a bunch of those as well.

DSCN3170.jpeg

DSCN3171.jpeg

NON DETECTING FINDS
The coin stars have been empty lately. When I stopped at one store I walked in and as I was headed to the machine an employee got to the machine and scooped out and nice handful of coins. A minute earlier and I would have scored. I did find a few coins walking along the road while I was out walking with my wife, but nothing special.

4 more silvers and a few more rings for my end of the year totals. A couple more weeks and my year will be done. (My year runs from May 1 to April 30) We are headed to the beach next week so hopefully I’ll find some goodies left over from the fall or uncovered by winter storms. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 18

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on all your accomplishments.
I like the way that you break down your daily hunts

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good finds there. I like the little dome pendant thing, and I still have a pocket knife like that tope one. Neat.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Took another trip to the scout camp. I have done most of the camp, but I keep a list of where I have detected and when. I also have a camp map I mark off areas with colored pencils to help keep track. I went to a camp site I did 3 years ago to see what has been lost in 3 summers of camp and to clean up anything I might have missed last time.

I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 94 coins with a face value of $12.00, 149 camp tent pegs, a stainless fork, a 1941 wheatie, 4 rope tensioners, 3 sinkers, the copper jacket from a bullet, 3 knives in great shape, personal tent pegs, a few tabs, melted aluminum from the campfires and a whole aluminum can.

View attachment 2143806

Camp tent pegs come in a wide variety and they are all large. They can be up to an inch in diameter and 10 to 15 inches long and are made of steel. They are used for the large wall tents used at camp that sleep 2 people on canvas cots. Personal tent pegs are from smaller tents used by individuals. Some people do bring their own tents to set up in the sites. These pegs are not very thick and are generally less than 8 inches in length. They can be made of steel or aluminum.

View attachment 2143807

View attachment 2143809

DAY 2
I went back to the tiny park to try and finish up. I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and did not get done. I did find 131 coins with a face value of $7.07, a heart stick pin, a small key, a cup hook, a heavy copper wire connector, a little can slaw, some foil and a few tabs. Not a lot of trash and iron in the ground. Nothing great, but the gas money was pretty good so no complaints. I’ll need to go back for a short hunt to finish up the park.

View attachment 2143808

DAY 3
I went back to the elementary school. I spent 5 hours expanding the grid on the upper playground. Things were very slow for the first 3 hours with a little jewelry and very few coins but I kept at it and in the end I had 25 coins with a face value of $1.34, 2 silver quarters, 2 wheaties, an aluminum calendar, a nice bunch of jewelry, a railroad penny (a penny put on the railroad tracks and flattened by a train), some foil can slaw and tabs.

View attachment 2143812

The 2 silver Washington quarters were a nice surprise. They don’t come up that often and 2 in a hunt is even better. I believe these 2 were lost at the same time as they were only about 8 inches apart and at the same depth. A 1941 and 1949 both with a decent amount of wear so they had been around a while before they were lost.

View attachment 2143805

The aluminum calendar is 50 years old. It was one that you bent the ends in so it would stay on the band of a wrist watch. A cheap way to make any wrist watch a calendar watch when they were not common and expensive. Except for being a little bent up this one is in great shape for its age.

View attachment 2143813

3 more rings but they are all costume jewelry. The one on the left with the green stone looks really nice and the gold colored one on the right is an AVON square knot ring. I’m kind of on a roll lately as far as rings go. Unfortunately most of them are cheapies.

View attachment 2143814

This little dome piece is silver and has marcasite crystals in it. It still has glue on the inside and looks like it would have held a pearl. So 3 silvers this trip. I am always hoping, but you never know. This trip I spent a long time not finding much. If I had quit or gone somewhere else I would not have found most of the coins including the silver quarters and the wheaties. The goodies are waiting out there, you just have to be patient and keep looking to find them.

View attachment 2143815

I also found a couple more big iron pieces. The one on the left is part of an old school desk. The other one might be as well but I’m not positive.

View attachment 2143811

DAY 4
So back to the middle school to finish the week. I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 working the grid and found 131 coins with a face value of $7.82 (77 pennies), a large wrist watch frame decorated with czs, a set of keys from the same hole (the key ring was rusted mostly away and fell apart when they came out of the hole), a pendant, a ring, a 1945 wheatie, 6 screw in cleats, a ball inflation needle, a valve stem cap (modern screw-in type), part of a modern valve stem, 7 .22 caliber starter pistol blanks, a toy car, foil, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps and tabs.

View attachment 2143816

The pendant is silver with some 15 czs in it. It says ALWAYS MY DAUGHTER FOREVER MY FRIEND. It was a mid tone signal and when I parted the grass to pinpoint, there it was, right on the top. This trip was different because I only found 2 pieces of jewelry. The pendant on the first pass across the field and the ring was my last target as I finished the last pass.

View attachment 2143817

I seem to find a cleat or 2 on each hunt here, but this trip I found a bunch. It’s been a while since I found any .22 caliber pistol blanks and today I found a bunch of those as well.

View attachment 2143818

View attachment 2143819

NON DETECTING FINDS
The coin stars have been empty lately. When I stopped at one store I walked in and as I was headed to the machine an employee got to the machine and scooped out and nice handful of coins. A minute earlier and I would have scored. I did find a few coins walking along the road while I was out walking with my wife, but nothing special.

4 more silvers and a few more rings for my end of the year totals. A couple more weeks and my year will be done. (My year runs from May 1 to April 30) We are headed to the beach next week so hopefully I’ll find some goodies left over from the fall or uncovered by winter storms. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions