4+ SOLID silver rolls! Half dollar find of a lifetime! (for me)

USA

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a brand new member, but long time lurker. For the last 1+ years I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's finds. I search about 4-6 boxes a week and find the same stuff everyone here normally finds. I average about 1 coin per box, have long skunk streaks but also find a 10+ silver box every now and then. But I never felt like I had anything to share. Until now...

So I just moved to a new town so I thought I'd stop by all the nearby banks and ask around for some halves. I wasn't having any luck. No one seemed to have any. Then I stopped by a credit union. There were 3 women working. I walked up and asked if they had any half dollars. She said she didn't, but one of the other women piped up "I do. I've got $45.50 in halves." Following the TNet credo I said "I'll take them all." At that point, all three women gathered around to count out that $5.50 loose halves and as soon as I saw them I knew they were silver. They started clanking them and asked me "Now what years are silver?" I was terrified they would learn the truth and keep them for themselves! So I did the only reasonable thing...I lied. I said "Everything 1964 and before is silver." Which is true...just not the whole truth :) They finally handed them to me with 4 customer wrapper rolls, I stuffed them in my pockets and hopped in my car. I was pumped to see that all 11 loose coins were 40% making it by far my best teller find ever (2 40%ers was my previous record). Then I opened the first roll and sure enough, an ender!! Poured them into my hand and sure enough, a SOLID SILVER ROLL!!! I called my bro (a fellow CRHer) and proceeded to freak out and open the last 3 rolls with the same result. My heart was racing, hands were shaking...it was AWESOME!! In total I scored 91 40% half dollars! More than I'd usually find in 6+ months of hunting! I doubt I'll ever do better, but that's just fine by me :)

IMG_20130524_151719.jpg

Upvote 0

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a score similar to this a few weeks ago. I got 64 40%'s and 10 90%'s from 42.50 in halves. Haha I did the exact same thing that you did. I texted my brother ( he was working so I couldn't call) and preceded to freak out over text.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is just.................aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmazzzzzzzzzingggggg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions