All Treasure Hunting
A couple of questions

Is that silver value or face value?

Where exactly in MKE do you live?

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya, is that silver or face value? Congrats either way!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you do...under no circumstances.... Ever..... And I mean ever......

Inform your significant other of this "free money"

She may want to "invest" it in a diamond or spa vacation.

Just kidding. Congrats

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
14K on only 4 boxes a week? Those boxes must be great over there. Wow..

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
that's a pretty good return on your investment. Where else could you get more than a 7 x return on your money over a four year period of time with virtually zero risk than CRHing. It's quite an amazing hobby. I've already made more than 100% return on my money this year with CRHing (my budget has been averaging ~ $1,500 or so - so far this year) and that's only for 2 months. If I reach my estimated silver fv goals this year and only increase my CRHing budget to about $2,000 or so I should have accumulated ~ $10,000 (depending on silver prices at year end) worth of silver for this year. That's about a 5 x return on my money for a one year period of time. Oh yeah, did I mention there's virtually zero risk involved with this hobby.

It is quite an amazing & profitable hobby indeed. :)

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember everyone - there are no more silver coins, searching rolls is just a waste of time. Nothing to see here, move along

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yes, if you guys want Ag.. hit the Nickels hard!!!

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
jarlbartar said:
Remember everyone - there are no more silver coins, searching rolls is just a waste of time. Nothing to see here, move along

Exactly! Plus, even if you find silver, it's not like it's worth that much anyway. Turn in all your silvers for clad ones. That's where the REAL money's at! :laughing9:

Nice finds by the way!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
SilverFace said:
that's a pretty good return on your investment.

I'd call it a pretty good return on working capital, not investment. Investment you make money with no work involved. CRH'ing you invest a significant portion of time and effort instead of money.

Not saying it isn't worth it, just that it's not an investment.

Sorry OP, wasn't trying to take anything away from the your efforts and success - great job! :thumbsup:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? I thought all coins are silver. They look silvery, so they must be silver right? :laughing7:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I see your point about CRHing funds being working capital because of the time and effort involved and CRHing finds being a return on working capital. I guess I tend to overlook the time and effort involved because I don't really consider this hobby to be work but that is certainly a factor and a valid point. :)

And gold and silver aren't really investments either - they are a store of value - real money that has been increasing in value at an incredible rate over the past decade plus and will continue to do so as the USD and other fiat currencies continue to decrease in value.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
I know gold and silver aren't really investments - they are a store of value - real money that has been increasing in value at an incredible rate over the past decade plus and will continue to do so as the USD and other fiat currencies continue to decrease in value.

Wealth preservers, thats what I am lead to believe. They don't so much as increase in value, more that fiat currencies decrease in value, or so im told. $20 gold coin bought a horse in 1880 and in 2012.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, pm prices only really change because they are priced in terms of fiat currencies like the USD. As the value/price of fiat currencies like the USD decreases the value/price of pm's increases.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seecamp said:
after almost 4 years of crh $2,000 a week of half's and about 7 different banks I finely inventoried my finds [ I saved all silver] I came up with a value of $ 14,318.
I was guessing I had about $ 10,000. What a great surprise.
Chuck

Congratulations. I get six boxes per week and am hoping to harvest $2500 in silver this year, so your production looks great to me.

Questions: What does the trend line look like? Are you getting as much silver now as you were 3 or 4 years ago?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
penman77 said:
seecamp said:
after almost 4 years of crh $2,000 a week of half's and about 7 different banks I finely inventoried my finds [ I saved all silver] I came up with a value of $ 14,318.
I was guessing I had about $ 10,000. What a great surprise.
Chuck

Congratulations. I get six boxes per week and am hoping to harvest $2500 in silver this year, so your production looks great to me.

Questions: What does the trend line look like? Are you getting as much silver now as you were 3 or 4 years ago?

4 years ago - heck 2 years ago, I would average $40 - $60 face in keepers. Now...

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:

4 years ago - heck 2 years ago, I would average $40 - $60 face in keepers. Now...

Wow - was that a 80 - 120 keeper avg per week or per box? If that was per box that seems like an amazing avg. for just 2 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread