40 Rolls of Rosies Yields Zero Silver, but I Did Find a Clipped Planchet (Sort of).

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to three different banks today and grabbed a total of 40 dime rolls. Found zero silvers and zero foreign coins, which is kind of weird. But I did spot a cool error. I think it's a minting error, but not positive. The left side of a 2013 P rosie has been clipped at an angle. Not a clipped planchet per se, but a cool find anyway. Check out the photos and let me know what you think. The coin looks to be in BU condition, so I don't think it's post mint damage.

DSC06434.JPG DSC06437.JPG DSC06438.JPG DSC06440.JPG

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is weird. All the clips I have found have been circular and all tthe way through both sides. I don't know what you have there.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may be slight curl in edge of sheet during the punch, or----- PMD angular impact :dontknow:

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does kind of look like the clad layer has peeled up on the coin. Very strange coin!

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I don't think it's PMD is because the whole roll was in BU condition and they were machine wrapped. I don't know if the whole roll was 2013's though. Didn't think to check them all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread