Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
40 Silver Washington's - Just Unreal

Well my boy was at it again showing up Dad's metal detecting skills. Same carry-out where he works as last time when someone handed him a fist full of silver for a pack of smokes. This time he opened a roll of quarters to fill the register drawer and BAM, 40 silver Washington's roll out. Some people have all the luck.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444347024.951770.jpg

Upvote 21

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
omg thats awesome....gotta get them smokes though...although he paid about 100 bucks in silver for those smokes...somebodys getting a christmas card or a free pack of smokes!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ten Bucks Face for a pack of smokes.... I'd guess I'd say that is in the neighborhood for smokes - of the "enhancing" kind.....

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's crazy. The silver is still out there in circulation too. He gets a couple a week in change, and gets bummed out if he doesn't find a wheat every day. Lol

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats cool .

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that had to be an exciting moment!!!! 3 days ago I got a buffalo nickel in change at home depot!!!!! I have gotten silver in change before but never a buffalo nickel, even though it was dateless and really not worth anything at all, it still blows my mind someone would go into a store and spend a buf nickel, it doesn't even resemble any coin currently in circulation, I see how quarters and dimes could go under someone radar, but a buffalo?!?!?

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to work at a subway here in my hometown on night shift and was fortunate enough to have a women pay me with 2 rolls of dimes (I would always check the rolls for silver) being as I was on night shift in a town of 3000 at subway I wasn't very busy lol I open the roll slide it out and it was all silver thought no way checked the other sure enough all silver! The same lady went to the gas station side of the store so of course I go see what she paid with over there, she purchased a pack of smokes and paid with 7 morgan dollars! I kid you not 7 nice looking Morgans. The woman working bought them from the drawer for herself :( this woman was a regular though ever night around 3am so the next night i told her the dollar coins she paid with were worth more than a dollar a piece and I would gladly give her $10 each if she had anymore. Her response was "I have a lot of them and I'm not really worried about it" I told her I would buy everyone for $10 she responds with "it's not worth my time and I'm not interested" in a very rude manor. Still blows my mind she's willing to spend them but wouldn't bring them in for me to pay her cash for each. People amaze me!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i got a merc once.in the change..after buying beer to drown a really slow hunt....made my day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread