~40 Years of Detailed Diaries

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I purchased these at a local swapmeet (50 cents each). They are about 40 years worth of extremely detailed diaries. Some contain old newspaper/magazine clippings, and all contain some sort of codes. Some of the codes are explained in the diaries, and many are not. The subject matter covers everything from Treasures to UFO's to Troop Movements to Weather to U NAME IT. Below is an image from February 1st and 2nd 1950.

In the upper right hand corner of Feb 2nd, a little drawing can be seen. It resembles a saucer with wings and has the word TUCSON printed under it. This was his way of coding a UFO sighting report, showing it was reported in Tucson, AZ.

Do you think there is any value to these diaries?

Attachments

• diary image 1950.jpg
    diary image 1950.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

Jowlz

Aug 6, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500GTI/Minelab Explorer SE
I think the value would be just reading them. I have a blast just reading old invoices and bills. Those should be great reading.

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
One more post from 1950- the start of the Korean War!

Attachments

• korean war.jpg
    korean war.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 622

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Jowlz said:
I think the value would be just reading them. I have a blast just reading old invoices and bills. Those should be great reading.
I agree with Jowlz, the enjoyment you get out of them will probably far surpass the $20 price tag. Enjoy them!
P.S. Jowlz.....is that an American Bulldog I'm looking at? AWESOME animal!

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Yeah, they run from 1939 thru 1973. Some years are missing. I am paying close attention to 1963 and 1969. It's always nice to see what is still "out there" about Kennedy and the Moon Landing!

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I hear ya! My Dad worked on building the LEM at Grumman here on Long Island. But that's another whole story...enjoy those diaries! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread