435-year-old coin discovered in western-most Canada

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Chip. Only my opinion regarding the shilling. The finder I recall from another forum. He is a well accepted stand up guy there and no, I mean no funny business regarding his credibility with me and many others.
While the coin can present some mystery of why it was where it was ect.. If delving into it, the finders truthfulness ,while never say never, can take a back seat to other questions with me. Sure a interesting find though and arouses curiosity.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. You just never know what you will find. In what we are learning what we have been told might not be right about a lot of things. Everybody wants us to be mushrooms or sheep don't use that brain or think. GL and HH

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So while Drake was hunting Spanish ships, but at the same time, the Queen didnt want confrontation with the Spanish?

If the guy found other newer coins at the same place, seems someone lost part of a coin collection, how it got there, that would be hard to say.

I know that all history, as we know it, isnt correct, but there are a lot of people that would like to show us that everything about history is wrong. Of course they get the credit for making the discovery, or coming up with the new theory that they will take credit for.

It would be nice if Spain discovered Canada, and the Chinese discovered Alaska, but im not buying it, not on the weight of one coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread