44 Henrys Galore!

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
I went to an Idaho ghost (mining) town today. I've found mostly bullets and shell cases in the past. The Plummer gang pretty much ran this town in the 1860's. Lots of shootouts in this town.Today I found these 44 Henry shell cases,all within 100 feet of each other.Henry rifles were made only from 1861-1866. Wish I knew the circumstances surrounding this use of precious ammunition! Also the fired percussion revolver balls in the same general area.

Attachments

• IMGP0163 (2).JPG
    IMGP0163 (2).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Hey Junk, where in Idaho were you? Im assuming western Idaho, very cool finds there! And Romeo, I like yer quote..............Ralph Wiggims is cool! Maybe I should change mine to "The doctors said I wouldnt get so many nosebleeds if Id keep finger out of there!" Perhaps not. ;D

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cool finds! Love hearing the history.

Hey Paul, Clarkston, WA and Lewiston, ID are like Wenatchee and East Wenatchee down in the right hand corner (almost) of WA.

Cheryl

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Ever see the movie "Silverado"? Danny Glover's character used a beautiful engraved Henry. Would have stopped working the first time he dropped it like that, though.
Excellent finds, hope you discover what went on there!

SolomonKey

Jul 1, 2006
UK
Detector(s) used
GSM-19 Overhauser
junkdigger said:
I went to an Idaho ghost (mining) town today. I've found mostly bullets and shell cases in the past. The Plummer gang pretty much ran this town in the 1860's. Lots of shootouts in this town.Today I found these 44 Henry shell cases,all within 100 feet of each other.Henry rifles were made only from 1861-1866. Wish I knew the circumstances surrounding this use of precious ammunition! Also the fired percussion revolver balls in the same general area.
Fascinating finds. I doubt, though, that there ever was a 'Plummer Gang'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread