Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
Sounds too good to be true, but I love it when a plan comes together. I decided to use my CTX with the 17” coil Relic hunting for the first time in an area that we had pretty well cleaned out down to about 9” deep with other machines. Have had good luck lately recovering deep coins in town with the 17” coil so I figured deep or iron masked Relics should be recoverable.

25-30 mph winds all day made swinging a big coil rough in an open field, but thankfully the driving rain stopped after about the first hour, just like Steve (my favorite Meteorologist hunting buddy) said it would. We give him a hard time about the weather sometimes, but I think he knows you gotta take some crap to be one of the gang. Lord knows I have. ;)

Anyway, by our lunch break I only had 4 bullets, but I knew the more productive area for bullets would be there when we came back. Brad and I bailed out and hunted one spot while Dave and Steve drove off to hunt another. In the next four hours, I dug, and dug, and dug, bullet after bullet mostly from 9”-12” deep. Also found a nice Eagle Button with good detail remaining. Can’t see the backmark yet, but maybe after more cleaning. A pair of nice Knapsack Hooks made the day even better.

In the afternoon, my average time between good finds was about 5 minutes apart...that’s a lot of work in 4 hours my friends, but it was amazing to find that much lead so deep in a well hunted area.

Cleaned up.

>>>>>>>>>>>The "Infamous" Tailgate Shot.<<<<<<<<<<<<

I had a GREAT day and enjoyed hunting with my friends. I'm sore all over today, but it was worth it. Hmmmm...wheres that Horse Liniment???

Upvote 3

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Love those multi ring Sharps! I dug my first one of those a couple of months ago. Good job!
Geologyjohn.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is alot of digging man....i prescribe beer and hot tub!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...... great job. I bet swinging that big ole coil was a work out in itself. On second thought looks like you spent more time digging than swinging. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, what a great day of digging! Congratulations and thanks for cleaning up all that poisonous lead. :icon_thumright:

Steve

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a whole lot of bullets! Congrats! HH!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12.jpg 28.gif

OP
OP
bigfootokie

bigfootokie

Apr 9, 2010
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
Man, what a great day of digging! Congratulations and thanks for cleaning up all that poisonous lead. :icon_thumright:

Steve
Thanks, never thought about how I was helping the planet...maybe I should apply for a grant for lead abatement since I have probably removed at least a thousand pounds from the soil in my 45 years of detecting.

Almost all of us dig lead, so thanks for bringing up the fact that we are doing something good.:hello2:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Great job and I love those multi-ring bullets. They are rare to find.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding hunt and relics. Great variety. Perfect hunt with sunny skies in the forecast 8-) That is a lot of good targets. Looks like a battle site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread