🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I told my wife I wouldn't go detecting today because were both off the wknd and we were gonna spend time together. We did some shopping and bought a grill I had to assemble, while assembling it she decides to go get a pedicure and take my son to the mall. So anyway during assembly I noticed a neighbor of mine was FINALLY home, and I was finally able to ask permission. I threw the half assembled grill on my porch and knocked on thedoor. Strange lady but she said sure go right ahead:thumb_up: right off the bat I hit a wheat, 1914 I thought oh yeah! Then some clad, another wheat 1944, and a buttload more 70s clad and then bam, that sweet 83-84 lovely tone in my ear that I love more than my favorite song, out pops the 43 merc!, silver number 6 on the year.
Dug soe more 70s clad and 2 more wheats along with my first half of the year, 1971. Sadly not silver but man that thing nearly blew my ears out! The take was 4 wheats, the top left one got knicked w my digger, a 1943 merc, 1971 half, 4 clad quarters, 1 clad nickel, 16 clad dimes, and 28 clad lincolns. And the usual trash, thanks for looking and HH!! SAM_0726.JPG SAM_0723.JPG oh yeah by the way I got the grill together and the wifes none the wiser! Lol our little secret lmao!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, love those Merc's. Thats awesome I was wondering if I was the only one that gets the (you know you don't need to go every day) speech. Six years ago she loved the metal detector now I thinks she's a little jelious.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, love those Merc's. Thats awesome I was wondering if I was the only one that gets the (you know you don't need to go every day) speech. Six years ago she loved the metal detector now I thinks she's a little jelious.

They just dont understand lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was laughing too, Cjon! Congrats on the silver and wheats. Still looking for my first silver this year.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was laughing too, Cjon! Congrats on the silver and wheats. Still looking for my first silver this year.
knock on them doors, u got the machine for it. I was initially nervous when getting permission now im like heck w it, whats the worst they can say no?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
knock on them doors, u got the machine for it. I was initially nervous when getting permission now im like heck w it, whats the worst they can say no?
I just got back from having to find my digger from yesterday's hunt, lol. I actually did go knock on 2 doors this afternoon. Both were strikeouts so far. With the first one, I had been seeing an elderly man mow his lawn and the lawn of a really old house next door to him. This house doesn't even have a driveway. I have never seen lights on there or anyone there. My suspicion was that the old fellow owned both properties. The old fellow was very nice but gave me the bad news....he does NOT own it and the owner lives somewhere away. He had been there just last night so no chance of him returning soon probably. The old fellow said " Go ahead and hunt it. No one will say anything". I had to tell him no way, lol.
On the other stop, I DID find out who the owner of another very old corn field is, but he was away at an Amish auction, lol. Maybe I can catch him soon. I know his wife well, so I have a good shot at it. It is a 5th generation farm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry I guess the way that came out I was insinuating you don't knock on doors. hope you didn't take it that way I was just saying knock on some more lol i plan on knocking an at least 5 doors each time i go out, i guess im obsessed lol hope that farm works out for you and too bad you couldn't hit that spot that the old guy said go ahead to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread