4th water attempt first jewelery and observations on northern beaches

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
4th water hunt attempt. at a municipal beach.place had more bathers actually in the water then where i was before. but like no signal land. first full hour only 4 signals 3 junk and a quarter. ok so i know i gotta be patient and pay my dues.im willing.second hour 2 pennies and a buried oil filter [went to trashcan].then as so often happens on he way in i FINALLY FOUND A JEWELRY !!!!! of course it aint a valuable one. but its very exciting to me.its a brass or base metal pendant on a steel chain .religious type with cross on back and quote from joshua 1:9 in the bible.be strong and of a good courage and keep huntin [heh heh].the wife grabbed it right away and is wearing it.my observations of northland beaches here are that probably not as much is lost due to the shortness of the swimming season.someone i talked with said usally takes until july to warm up enuf to go in.and gets cold by about sep 10th no one is swimming anymore.agin no pics til later.

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
im always a little bummed if i come home with no jewelry at all. even if it is junk, id like at least one cheap earring :)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where about "up north" are you talking about? In Minnesota it is a short season and the water hunters hit the beaches with that in mind. Every place seems to be heavily hunted from June through September.

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
SusanMN said:
Where about "up north" are you talking about? In Minnesota it is a short season and the water hunters hit the beaches with that in mind. Every place seems to be heavily hunted from June through September.
this is in northern mi. ok but what are they finding?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread