5\10 and 5\12 Finds from THE FIELD THAT NEVER FAILS!!!!!!!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Hey guys, here are finds from the last 2 days. We had 2 inches of rain up in the field in 30 minutes thursday. So I thought I'd hit it up. Unfortunately my uncle hit it first and found a nice hoe and hand axe. But here is what I got. Apparently he didn't find them all. The only Insitu is from the 10th. I didn't bring it on the 12th.
There are some broken pieces i found, some pottery shards, and my whole ones.

Enjoy

XstevenX

Attachments

• Cannon\'s Pics 269.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 269.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Cannon\'s Pics 271.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 271.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Cannon\'s Pics 274.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 274.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Cannon\'s Pics 273.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 273.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Cannon\'s Pics 272.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 272.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 337
  • Cannon\'s Pics 268.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 268.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Cannon\'s Pics 267.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 267.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 350
  • Cannon\'s Pics 270.jpg
    Cannon\'s Pics 270.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Johnny X said:
Hey guys, here are finds from the last 2 days. We had 2 inches of rain up in the field in 30 minutes thursday. So I thought I'd hit it up. Unfortunately my uncle hit it first and found a nice hoe and hand axe. But here is what I got. Apparently he didn't find them all. The only Insitu is from the 10th. I didn't bring it on the 12th.
There are some broken pieces i found, some pottery shards, and my whole ones.

Enjoy

XstevenX Hey great finds! Ireally liked that sweet lookin one pink,white, loofs alot like local flint in ohio river valley. I just had surgery and have missed out huntin last week, but really enjoy seeing wqhat others are finding thanks for sharing ORH

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Nice score Johnny! The color and edge work on that first one is AWESOME! I will get to go tomorrow for the first time since all the rain so hopefully I will find something to show you bud. Take care and call me when you want to get together silly! LOL!
badandy

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Heck yea son,

Hopefully you have some great insitu's after tomorrow. Can't wait to see them. As soon as work lets up we'll have to compare some points my friend!

xstevenx

doodman

Greenie
May 12, 2007
These things are just sitting on the surface? Can you find with detector or just plain sight?

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
doodman said:
These things are just sitting on the surface? Can you find with detector or just plain sight?
No detector, just laying on the surface and with a little knowledge of where a good place to hunt is!
badandy

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sweet finds, Johnny. The rain does wash the dirt away, great eyes. I'll have to post my new one from the weekend when I get a chance. This has been my best year for whole points so far! Thanks for the inspiration guys!

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
doodman said:

Nope, no detector. They're just flint, No metal. My eyes are the best detector I have!

Thanks for the post.

xstevenx

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Sweet finds, Johnny. The rain does wash the dirt away, great eyes. I'll have to post my new one from the weekend when I get a chance. This has been my best year for whole points so far! Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Thanks Country!

I can't way to see yours!!!!!!!!!!

xstevenx

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
awesome finds

Attachments

• luckyy.jpg
    luckyy.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 235